Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mpg On New Yaris 1.33

Kaz2314

Hello,

I am new to this site and have just ordered a brand new Yaris TR 1.3. Never owned a Toyota before.......we have always stuck to Fords.

Anyhow my question is what do you guys get out the 1.33 engine? I use my car for work so I do a lot of stopping and starting.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Many members on here with the new shape Yaris so they can be more specific for your car, but out of interest i have the old 1.3 and regularly get 36-46 mpg under normal driving. :)

I think i can offer an answer to your question as i have had my new 1.33 tr yaris for a month now.I drive 65 miles a day mostly motorways and keep between 60-65 mph as i travel off peak an i'm in no rush to get to work,and after 300 miles the computer is showing 61 mpg but i am aware that the computer can be a bit optimistic so i would say probable more like 57mpg.The biggest change from my previous car which was a diesel is that when i get stuck at the traffic lights or in heavy traffic the stop start kicks in and i take great delight in not seeing my mpg plummet as it did in my last car.

My wife has an aygo and she uses it for the school run and short journeys and when she used the yaris it was more economical than the aygo for this type of driving so you should see good returns for your trips to work.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards Tweeky

Thanks for your replies. I thought it would probably do about that! I am hoping so anyway!! Can't wait for it to arrive! :D

Picked my car up this morning and its beautiful! SO nice to drive, loads better than the Fords we have had. Love it!!!

Picked my car up this morning and its beautiful! SO nice to drive, loads better than the Fords we have had. Love it!!!

:thumbsup:

I am green with envy! I've got an old basic Yaris and even though I love it to pieces the new ones look pretty snazzy! The 1.3 petrol models are said to be brilliant all rounders.

The Yaris as a whole (especially the newer models) are pretty much faultless. Cheap, economical, fun, cool, easy to drive and maintain, cheap to service... Brilliant cars. People say if you want a good, reliable car that does everything buy a Golf... Soon I bet it will change to "buy a Yaris".

I am green with envy! I've got an old basic Yaris and even though I love it to pieces the new ones look pretty snazzy! The 1.3 petrol models are said to be brilliant all rounders.

The Yaris as a whole (especially the newer models) are pretty much faultless. Cheap, economical, fun, cool, easy to drive and maintain, cheap to service... Brilliant cars. People say if you want a good, reliable car that does everything buy a Golf... Soon I bet it will change to "buy a Yaris".

After my experiances with 2 Golfs and 1 Polo, i will never buy VW again! :lol:

Jap cars all the time for me now and i've never looked back or regretted buying them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links