Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Half A Million Work With Hangovers Every Day...

Raistlin

More than 520,000 people a day arrive for work suffering from hangovers after drinking too much the previous night, a new survey claims.

p_pub-quiz-beer_1612257c.jpg

Almost one in ten people in Britain says they go to work with a hangover at least twice a week, and one in five of those admits it has an adverse effect on their work, according to the research.

Seventeen per cent of those who conceded to working with a hangover said it caused them to make mistakes and fall behind with their work, while seven per cent said they had to go home early because they felt too unwell.

The survey of more than 1,000 adults also raised fears that bosses are not doing enough to curb excessive weekday drinking by their employees, despite its negative impact on productivity.

Almost 90 per cent of people accepted having a hangover at work is "unacceptable", but three out of five respondents admitted having joked with a boss or colleague about suffering the morning after the night before.

Dr Katrina Herren, Medical Director, Bupa Health and Wellbeing, said: "As an employer, it is important not to ignore the effects of alcohol on employees or the adverse effects it can have on the workplace environment."

According to Drinkaware, the alcohol charity that commissioned the survey, workforce productivity is set to plummet even further during the World Cup as drinking increases.

Chris Sorek, CEO of Drinkaware, said: "An international sporting event like the World Cup will inevitably capture the attention of the nation and is a great time for people to come together, but hangovers at work are likely to increase."

An estimated 1.2 million pints of lager were drunk by 70,000 England fans at the 2006 World Cup, according to German officials – an average of 17 pints each.

I'll drink to that...

Cure............... Drink only Vodka with a generous= 50/50 dash of Lime. Get drunk + 1 of your 5 a day :doctor:

When going out [rare occurrence] I stick to that. My mind stays clear, never had a hangover, but my hands & feet don't always do as I wish. :drunk:

When going out [rare occurrence] I stick to that. My mind stays clear, never had a hangover, but my hands & feet don't always do as I wish. drunk.gif

Which can be an issue when driving... wheelchair.gif

It's the fact these people are driving to work when still intoxicated the next morning... and my daughter is on her way to school on the school bus......... :blink::blink::blink::blink:

Seriously, Yes ! That is a very valid point, which I hadn't considered when making facetious Posts :(

I know of a couple of cases who, while thinking that they were ok, were "pulled" on the following morning & faced the Courts

If you use the car don't drink.... Simples thumbsup.gif

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links