Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Seen A New Facelift Rav

dave.m

Was in my local Toyota dealer today and saw the facelifted Rav in the showroom. Had all the kit

including the new style steps and nudge bar (D-Cat so I guess it was an SR180). Almost had one

of those sticky pants moments :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very nice :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Was in my local Toyota dealer today and saw the facelifted Rav in the showroom. Had all the kit

including the new style steps and nudge bar (D-Cat so I guess it was an SR180). Almost had one

of those sticky pants moments :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very nice :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

my father has a a black SR Style auto on order with Toyota Aberdeen. He gets it in a few weeks time with all the toys! I believe its a 150 bhp

I probably saw the same one as dave.m at Arnold's, Bishopbriggs. Gorgeous deep midnight blue metallic, black half leather/half alcantara (ah went to school with him....). The side steps were the Spotty ones that Anchs likes, but I especially liked the sculpted look of the nosey nudge bar....similar lines to a stealth bomber fuselage. (need tae get a life...)

I was one of the first to pooh-pooh when original photos posted....I was wrong....very nice moatir. I am now currently hypnotising she of The Wee Green Rav into thinking it was all a dream that she got a new car last week.....combined trade in of mine plus hers and ahm nearly there !

Big Kev :lol:

It was Shields in Hamilton Kev, apparently the colour on this one was new. A kind of bronze colour, very nice. :thumbsup:

It was Shields in Hamilton Kev, apparently the colour on this one was new. A kind of bronze colour,(rust?) very nice. :thumbsup:

thought you'd bombed that place?

I did, I just wanted a price comparison to get my brakes done.But at £660.0 to get 4 new discs and pads replaced

I reckon I will have to dig the toolbox out :eek:

PS, have you become a secret Mod ? or can this new style TOC let you edit posts/quotes ? ie.....(rust)

I did, I just wanted a price comparison to get my brakes done.But at £660.0 to get 4 new discs and pads replaced

I reckon I will have to dig the toolbox out :eek:

PS, have you become a secret Mod ? or can this new style TOC let you edit posts/quotes ? ie.....(rust)

Arnie in Bishopbriggs did have a "special" on where they were selling the OEM parts at cost if you took them away for fitting.

KwikFit Airbles Road, Motherwell were (inc. VAT and fitting):

* Front Pad Set GBP 84.30

* Rear Pad Set GBP 77.10

* Rear Discs GBP 89.50 each (OEM - after market ones don't seem to be available)

* Front Discs GBP 90.00 each (OEM)

* Brake Consumable GBP 3.95

But I'm at Arnie's tomorrow for some diagnosis - a knock which happens on wheel rotation. Could be wheel bearing, could be brakes.

And then I'll ask about clunky 2nd gear (I still have the Toyota brochure which says "... Through an ultra-smooth 6-speed manual transmission"), engine rattle, corrosion spot on side step, bubbling alloys, run flat options, TPMS (the brochure says "..with a Tyre Pressure Warning System that alerts you the second a tyre begins to lose pressure").

Edit: the brochure claims, "6-speed manual transmission. Unsurpassed power and performance is delivered through a 6-speed manual gearbox, designed to provide smooth, quick and extremely fine-tuned shifting."

Now - if the superlatives weren't used, I would let it go. But ultra-smooth, quick, extremely fine-tuned ain't my T180.

Arnie in Bishopbriggs did have a "special" on where they were selling the OEM parts at cost if you took them away for fitting.

KwikFit Airbles Road, Motherwell were (inc. VAT and fitting):

* Front Pad Set GBP 84.30

* Rear Pad Set GBP 77.10

* Rear Discs GBP 89.50 each (OEM - after market ones don't seem to be available)

* Front Discs GBP 90.00 each (OEM)

* Brake Consumable GBP 3.95

But I'm at Arnie's tomorrow for some diagnosis - a knock which happens on wheel rotation. Could be wheel bearing, could be brakes.

And then I'll ask about clunky 2nd gear (I still have the Toyota brochure which says "... Through an ultra-smooth 6-speed manual transmission"), engine rattle, corrosion spot on side step, bubbling alloys, run flat options, TPMS (the brochure says "..with a Tyre Pressure Warning System that alerts you the second a tyre begins to lose pressure").

Edit: the brochure claims, "6-speed manual transmission. Unsurpassed power and performance is delivered through a 6-speed manual gearbox, designed to provide smooth, quick and extremely fine-tuned shifting."

Now - if the superlatives weren't used, I would let it go. But ultra-smooth, quick, extremely fine-tuned ain't my T180.

Quite right too! It really gets to me what "marketing" gets away with these days. Everyone knows that _lying_ is unacceptable, but _marketing_ ... oh, that's different. You can say a any old load of you-know-what; and if you say it often it must become true at some point. Obviously, the more you pay for prime air-time the more true it must become.

"Take them to the cleaners", as they say in my other favourite business. :)

<Rant over> and on a pragmatic note, I have had the gearbox oil changed a few times and quite recently, only a few weeks ago. I had what the service manager described as "straight 75W" oil put in the gearbox. It made a huge difference. I could not swear that it did it on its own and has not been helped by the weather getting warmer - but it made the gearbox smoother than ever. Don't get me wrong, It is still our "agricultural" (and not "smooth, quick and extremely fine-tuned") RAV gearchange; but it is a heck of a lot better than it was. Now I can at least enter the roundabout without thinking whether I'll manage to get the second gear on first attempt or not.

If you have the tools/facilities (or some 60-odd quid you don't know what to do with) ... you could consider giving it a go. I suppose that more frequent gearbox oil change cannot do it any harm...

There is a mod to the gearchange bracket which will improve the feel of the gearchange and reduce the amount of noise and "clunkyness" it transmits through the cables. It was fitted as standard from May 2007 and is affective from chassis No's 50(Shokki Plant) 55753 or 60(Tahara Plant) 72432.

The parts are quite easy to fit and consist of a bracket on rubber mountings instead of one mounted metal to metal. The part number for the bracket is 335A0-42010 and you need 3 slightly longer bolts - 90119-08C60.

I've attempted to order a brochure on line from Toyota but i'm told they are not in print yet :(

I've attempted to order a brochure on line from Toyota but i'm told they are not in print yet :(

Hi Bob,

nice to see you about here! This brochure is only going to lead to a terrible temptation you know :yes: Me? I'm resisting looking at a new one 'cause I can resist anything but temptation. Had mine serviced 4 weeks ago and managed not to succumb even though I had to walk passsed the D**m thing in the showroom. But it was hard.

Well Chris, don't do what shcm and myself did when we were visiting a dealer - just try the demonstrator up the road to prove to ourselves that there was absolutely no need to change because it would be very little difference to our existing car.

We both own one now!

Well Chris, don't do what shcm and myself did when we were visiting a dealer - just try the demonstrator up the road to prove to ourselves that there was absolutely no need to change because it would be very little difference to our existing car.

We both own one now!

STOP IT! - I'm trying very hard not to think about changing. My good but potentially expensive lady is saying that she is finding her '03 Pug207HDi ( 22,000 miles ) less comfortable to drive than she did - If I was a suspicious sort, I'd believe that she was plotting something and I have to set her a good example :!Removed!: . BTW what colour is your new one Anchorman?

Tidal Blue. The japs call it Deep Violet because it changes depending how the sun shines on it. Look here;

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=107687&view=findpost&p=980064

You can always counter plot :spiteful:

Well my advice for what its worth is DON'T try a new one unless you have the reddies to change :no: I had a good drive of Anchs a couple of weeks ago + it is very very impressive. you can change gear with one finger,it feels very stable on the road, brakes are superb, its just a completely different vehicle and you WILL want one :in_love: it accelerates without effort, has loads of clever gadgets,+ it also warms your BUM! (NO that wasn't Anchs) local Heroine was with us !!! :thumbsup: Stew

I had a test drive today of the new facelift version it was an XTR the 4 wheel drive one , very nice however you still needed a key to start it i thought it was smart start,i asked the dealer to explain but he was unsure.

The brochure shows smart start on the 4 wheel drive but not the front wheel drive one.

It had the other bits that you get on the 4 wheel like heated front seats ad leather etc.

Not sure if i'm going for it as the wife is concerned about no spare wheel.

What do if you have a blow out in the middle of the night.

I done a thread a couple of years ago about this. You can buy a spare, and stash it in the

boot vertically like this -

100_0802.jpg

Some members have opted to go flat and conceal it inside a shelf type of arrangement (I think

it was Anchorman and SHCM if you do a search).Down to what you carry in your boot, but I need

space for a wheel chair so went with vertical :thumbsup:

Not sure if i'm going for it as the wife is concerned about no spare wheel.

What do if you have a blow out in the middle of the night.

Just carry a spare in the boot like a lot of us do. I originally intended to put mine in just for long trips but, generally, it stays there all the time with no major inconvenience.

Go on, you know you want it :rolleyes:

Some members have opted to go flat and conceal it inside a shelf type of arrangement (I think

it was Anchorman and SHCM if you do a search)

yep, like this:

wheelbag1.jpg

wheelbag4.jpg

I had a test drive today of the new facelift version it was an XTR the 4 wheel drive one , very nice however you still needed a key to start it i thought it was smart start,i asked the dealer to explain but he was unsure.

You now only get smart entry/start if you have sat nav (not sure why). On the XTR this means spending an extra £1500 to get it :eek:

You now only get smart entry/start if you have sat nav (not sure why). On the XTR this means spending an extra £1500 to get it :eek:

Anchs has smart start + doesn't have sat nav.. :unsure::thumbsup: Stew

And so do I Stew, but we both have the OLD facelift model :thumbsup:

I stand corrected :shutit: but no one has the New model yet do they :unsure: and someone said even the brochures are not in print as yet :unsure: Did you ever get yours "chipped" Duncs? I know you were considering it, as i said previously I drove Anchs recently + the 150bhp engine was superb but TBH i haven't driven a 180 Rav :thumbsup: Stew

I stand corrected :shutit: but no one has the New model yet do they :unsure: and someone said even the brochures are not in print as yet :unsure: Did you ever get yours "chipped" Duncs? I know you were considering it, as i said previously I drove Anchs recently + the 150bhp engine was superb but TBH i haven't driven a 180 Rav :thumbsup: Stew

....WELL GET YER BOTTOM UP TAE GLESGA, AND YE CAN HIRE MA CHIPPED SR 180!!!!!!!!

Big Kev :P

The full equipment list is available HERE

If you look at "Convenience" you'll see that Smart Entry is a "Feature of premium navigation" ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links