Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

England Flag Ban For Taxi Drivers In Canterbury

Raistlin

_47939001__40244959_englandflag2_203.jpg

Taxi drivers in a Kent city are upset after being told they are not allowed to fly flags from their vehicles during the World Cup football tournament.

Canterbury City Council has said attaching England flags to cabs would breach rules on what can be displayed on public service vehicles.

Cabbies face having their licences revoked if they ignore the ban.

The authority has said it is happy to review the policy but that a full consultation needs to take place.

'Strict rules'

Cab driver Colin Mitchell said: "It is about being patriotic to the country and because England are in the World Cup."

Larissa Laing, from the council, said: "We accept that many taxi drivers want to be patriotic and we have been fully supportive of them wearing England shirts.

"However, it is a public service vehicle and as such there are very strict rules and what can and cannot be displayed on a taxi and sadly an England flag, or any flag, cannot be displayed." The rules ban any signs, letters, motifs, emblems, or marks from taxis.

During the Euro 2004 football championship, Thanet District Council temporarily reversed a rule which banned flags from cabs.

this decision is shocking - I will now refuse to travel to canterbury as a matter of principle... or anywhere else that doesn't fly the flag.

It would spoil the fun when said country gets beaten in the 1st round.

:lol2:

Don't worry :thumbsup: We'll be rooting for you & I hope you beat France in the 1st round by an embarrassing margin :toast:

:lol2:

Don't worry :thumbsup: We'll be rooting for you & I hope you beat France in the 1st round by an embarrassing margin :toast:

............Not if Peter Crouch is in the starting line up :lol:

How can somebody 6'6" tall not jump more than 2 inches off the ground?..........and yes I know he has a remarkable England scoring record, I just feel with his size and presence he should have scored double!

Kingo :thumbsup:

Please do not turn this topic into a football tactics topic

The original Topic title was "England Flag Ban For Taxi Drivers In Canterbury".......and was posted in "General"

Discussions about World Cup Football should be kept to the "Sports" part of the forum

Yes Bizarra, how very dare you lead us :offtopic::crybaby::boxing::ban::2guns::bash:

Let that be a lesson to you :naughty:

Yes Bizarra, how very dare you lead us :offtopic::crybaby::boxing::ban::2guns::bash:

Pot.............Kettle?? ;) :lol: :P

Who me? I never go off topic :naughty:

What do you think about the ipad? :D:

Seriously though..........We have Taxi's with advertising all over them, is it just private hire cabs that are banned from having logos, flags or whatever on them???

:blush::oops::offtopic::giljotiini: :lol2:

You do your best,

You start a topic that may generate some intelligent replies,

Sorry I forgot it's TOC and all we do is Mock.... thumbsup.gif

"You do your best,

You start a topic that may generate some intelligent replies,"

:yawn:............ :laughing:

"You do your best,

You start a topic that may generate some intelligent replies,"

yawn.gif............ laughing.gif

That's it Mock the weak... tongue.gif

duhhh - since when did the flag; football and a cup relate to any sports forum?

Surely this belongs to the Toyota Taxi Forum? Oh ! there isn't one??

Well General Discussion seems to fit the bill ok - no?

Just to explain...........The Flag discussion.....(Original Post).....belongs here in GENERAL DISCUSSION forum

Any Discussions regarding The World Cup Football should be posted in the SPORT section of the forum........in order to keep the forum tidy. :thumbsup:

Just to explain...........The Flag discussion.....(Original Post).....belongs here in GENERAL DISCUSSION forum

Any Discussions regarding The World Cup Football should be posted in the SPORT section of the forum........in order to keep the forum tidy. :thumbsup:

thank you for clearing that up. And thanks for flagging up the sports section.

You are most welcome!..............We could not have you climbing up the wrong pole! :)

Or pole-ing up the wrong hole , me thinks ee's into a bit of that :ph34r:

We used to be banned from flying flags from our cabs in London until recently when someone at TFL decided to apply a bit of common sense and allow us to show our patriotism and support for England if we so wish ,

Come on England

Wemb_eng_flag.jpg

A personal opinion but I don't like flags on cars. My missus son wants me to have an England flag on the car and I'm cringing...

A personal opinion but I don't like flags on cars. My missus son wants me to have an England flag on the car and I'm cringing...

A lot of cabbies have applied bumper stickers to their cabs like this one http://www.cafepress.co.uk/cp/moredetails.aspx?productNo=62938678&pr=F&showbleed=false&colorNo=0&tab=1&Zoom=1 instead of flags

Bumper stickers I don't mind too much. The funny ones are pretty cool to read when you're stuck in traffic.

Oh very drole B_B "Flagging" up the sports section......I like it :thumbsup:

I despise Racism & this is a sort of reverse racism :angry:

A thought springs {crawls?} to mind :eek: One wonders what are the mixture of Nationalities [original] in the make up of Canterbury City Council ?

Could be interesting :unsure:

Scientists have discovered a vast amount of men in the UK have penises measuring 3 inches or less,

To help solve this problem the government have asked those with this condition two identify themselves by flying a white flag with a red cross from their car...

Ha ha ha ha. Hence why I don't stick anything on my car, modify it in any way and have a small Yaris too! :P You know the saying about blokes with big cars and all.

Ha ha ha ha. Hence why I don't stick anything on my car, modify it in any way and have a small Yaris too! tongue.gif You know the saying about blokes with big cars and all.

Methinks you protest too much :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links