Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Police Appeal After Two Cars Turned Over In Swindon

Raistlin

_48050082_photo.jpg

A car owner in Swindon said he was stunned when he found his car had been turned on to its roof during the night.

Jim Burge, 29, did not hear anything but found his Ford Fiesta overturned in Savernake Street near his house in the Old Town area.

Residents also reported another vehicle overturned in Westmorland Road.

Mr Burge said: "I was pretty shocked - I wasn't expecting to wake up to that this morning."

Tim North, beat manager for Wiltshire Police, said: "Last month we had reports of a group of youths running over the tops of vehicles in Prospect Hill.

"Those responsible don't appreciate the damage caused to the bonnets and roofs of the vehicle which is obviously expensive for the owners to rectify.

"There's an issue with wanton vandalism in the area - most of the anti-social behaviour and criminal damage tends to centre on the weekend but this shows a shift to a midweek period."

Mr Burge added: "The windscreen is smashed, the wing mirror is smashed, the bodywork is severely scratched and the headlights are smashed.

"Unfortunately, the car's only got basic insurance so the insurance company won't sort it out.

"I can't afford to sort it out so it will probably have to be scrapped.

"I heard the police talking about people running over the roofs of cars and that happened to my girlfriend.

Her car still has footprints on it."

Tim North, beat manager for Wiltshire Police, said: "Those responsible don't appreciate the damage caused to the bonnets and roofs of the vehicle which is obviously expensive for the owners to rectify.

That's cobblers - I'll bet that they appreciate it perfectly. They just don't give a toss and enjoy causing wanton damage.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links