Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 Reversing Camera

MarsKy

Still pursuing a reversing camera for my 57 plate T180. Anyone seen the fitted location and type of reversing camera on a 2010 RAV4 without spare tyre?

Still pursuing a reversing camera for my 57 plate T180. Anyone seen the fitted location and type of reversing camera on a 2010 RAV4 without spare tyre?

gruvellin apologies but the phrase "shuild have gone to specsavers" comes to mind. Wot a cretin I am!!

I can't help you - I've been driving my RAV since 1994 and found that all is well, especially due to the towbar.. I just reverse slowly until I hit the car behind with the towball, then move forward 2 feet. Then I get out of the car, and my size normally puts any possible complainents off.

gruvellin apologies but the phrase "shuild have gone to specsavers" comes to mind. Wot a cretin I am!!

I can't help you - I've been driving my RAV since 1994 and found that all is well, especially due to the towbar.. I just reverse slowly until I hit the car behind with the towball, then move forward 2 feet. Then I get out of the car, and my size normally puts any possible complainents off.

Gruvell no more.

That's what I used to use my towbar for - until you meet an immovable object. Or small child.

Plenty of blind spots at the back which specsaver won't help you with.

Lost track of what we are calling "2010" models.

If it helps, my registered in 2010 XT-R (i.e. like Anch's) but without the "Avensis look" grill, still has the camera up on the door, by the number plate lamps on near side. If you want, I'll take you a pic if I get the chance.

Really can't see them moving it for the latest "Avensis grill" facelift.

Were there were some Chinese copies with incorporated plate lamp floating about, that fit up there?

Someone bought one of these but it didn't fit properly.

But I was wondering if they had integrated it into the reversing light like the eBay version, or whether they were having a separate unit stuck on the vehicle somewhere.

Is this what you were thinking of,shcm.

Yeah, that was the thing :thumbsup:

Ok, for what it is worth, just doing what I promised - a pic. Separate unit on mine. (I have put some protective film over the lens).

camera.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links