Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Handbrake Locking

normando

just back off hols. Battery was flat on rav4..jump started it but brakes locked on,even after releasing hand brake...any suggestions..??

hi and welcome!

What RAV have you got ?

year?

model?

mileage?

Hi,and welcome

Hope its a 3 door,nomando, I think bothy is convinced that 5 door owners are an alien species. :alien::alien::lol::lol:

If I had that problem I would GENTLY rock the motor forward and backward before going any deeper,it has been known to free off seized brakes!

Hope its a 3 door,nomando, I think bothy is convinced that 5 door owners are an alien species. :alien::alien::lol::lol:

Oh but some of us are:...................English :yahoo:

And once proud of it,but the tiniest bit disapointed now, maybe!! :ffs: :ffs: :lol:

typically the disc rust and he pads get stuck to them. It happens even if you leave the car standing for a day straight after a wash.

Same think (although not common) could happen to the hand brake.

I generally just drive the car off to release the brake.

In the worse case scenario, the pistons in the callipers may have rusted & got stuck = visit to a garage

In the worse case scenario, the pistons in the callipers may have rusted & got stuck = visit to a garage

or do it your self :)

jack it up, put it on axle stands, take the wheel off, take the pads off, try to work the pistons back, use a block of wood where normaly the pads are, push very carefull the brake pedal just a bit, work the pistons back, repeat this etc etc till they move easy, use copper grease to grease it (no not the discs and pads ;) ), job done

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links