Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Start Up Noise

cppeters

I'm a new RAV4 owner, just 2K on a 2010 RAV base model. Owned it for six months, but in the last few weeks ( as it's gotten warm and humid-not sure if that's relevant) every time I start up in the morning there is a loud rumble/vibration that I hear coming from the front right engine compartment. Like somethings rattling loose. It only lasts a second and is gone once the engine is running. Only happens with the first crank of the day, or if the car has been sitting for a few hours. Never when it's warm. Can't get it to happen when I go to the dealer because the engine is warm. Any ideas would be apprecaited. Thanks.

Deborah

cppeters@yahoo.com

I'm a new RAV4 owner, just 2K on a 2010 RAV base model. Owned it for six months, but in the last few weeks ( as it's gotten warm and humid-not sure if that's relevant) every time I start up in the morning there is a loud rumble/vibration that I hear coming from the front right engine compartment. Like somethings rattling loose. It only lasts a second and is gone once the engine is running. Only happens with the first crank of the day, or if the car has been sitting for a few hours. Never when it's warm. Can't get it to happen when I go to the dealer because the engine is warm. Any ideas would be apprecaited. Thanks.

Deborah

cppeters@yahoo.com

Hi Deborah and welcome to the club.

Best suggestion I can make is get the dealer to come to you and let them start it up. Others may have better suggestions but on such a low mileage vehichle that must be covered by warranty I would push them to provide some customer service :thumbsup:

Hi Deborah.

Another idea is can you video with audio on a mobile phone for example. If so lift the bonnet and get someone else to start it whilst you do the video of the engine area where you think the noise is coming from. If the noise shows up you could show that to the dealer.

Trev..

Some engines rumble just until the oil pressure light goes out but that location is where the A/C compressor is. Try starting the engine with it switched on or off - the opposite of what you normally do. You could always ask on the US site as we don't have the same models as you;

http://rav4world.com/forums/index.php

Deborah

cppeters@yahoo.com

Thank you all for some excellent ideas!

Deborah

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links