Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heart Attack --Nearly!

varonda

Very nearly had a heart attack the other day thanks to a kind parts person in my local Toyota

emporium. Tale begins with a service on the rear brakes --plenty of meat on the pads just needed

a bit of elbow grease , copper slip and we're fine --except the metal pad covers have seen better days

plus clips missing from pins on one side and no anti rattle shims.Enter Toyotas finest for a pair of covers and set of

clips and shims--half a dozen bits of bent metal and some bits of shaped wire--- to you sir £60 -sixty quid.

The sixty notes are staying in the back pocket until absolutely necessary and even then the local breakers will get first call

unless I can track some down on flea bay, the defibrillator on Mr T. parts counter remains unused yet again. :censor:

There are some anvils coming up at auction near here - I can bid on one if you like, and I have a 7-ton strap that you can tie the anvil to and the other end to the door pillar --- then you just need the strength to chuck it out the window when you want to stop. Think of the exercise! Mind you an anchor may be better if you live in a city area.

Buying something like this from a scrappy is a bit iffy - cos I've found the front brakes area corrodes and if you mess about, more serious damage may occur...

Won't a strap that weighs 7 tons be heavier than an anvil? besides I was going to use a bit of blue rope and an old blanket

as an air brake.

Seriously the pins are retained o.k [my mechanic mate checked them out ] I'll replace with new bits next time the pads or discs need doing,

but appreciate the input from all concerned. Ran Mercs before this beastie and I thought their prices were eyewatering, one of their last leg lifting stunts was to try to get me to fork out £500.00p to change a £25.00p part--bought the offending part at 25 quid and did the job myself in less than half an hour after a bit of digging on the web.

I remain your very sceptical servant. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links