Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door Protectors For The Iq?

IronIron

Can anyone recommend door protectors for the IQ?

I’m not so worried about the ones that protect your own doors when you hit others (the vertical ones), but more the ones that run along the doors horizontally and protect your car from others that carelessly fling their doors open and hit you.

So far I have managed to avoid getting any dents at all on my new IQ, but my last two cars accumulated several small dents on the doors which I think happen in my car park at work (never managed to prove who did it though).

I haven’t tried our dealer yet, is there even a genuine Toyota product for this? I don’t mind after market ones if someone can recommend any?

Im even considering something like Door Defender, but I bet it would get annoying to keep putting in on and off everytime you park and it looks damn ugly when its on :)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would update this thread as it may be of interest to others.

I recently bought some edge protectors from Halfords and they are very good:

Body Guard Clear 2x3m lengths £6.99

See this item on Halfords online

Very easy to fit and you cant even see them from a distance. The design means they are easy to remove also should you wish to do so. They stick to the inside part of the door not the outside so wont leave a mark if removed later.

Still looking for some nice looking protectors to go horizontally on the door.

Used the bodyguard (or something very like it) from halfrauds. Found that driving rain, from motorway speeds mainly, tends to push dirt under the lip that does show on the outside of the door and is a complete b*****d to try and clean under. So I to, am looking for some kind of inconspicuous door protector

Si

P.S. Also interested in the factory side strips but would welcome any comments from current users

These are the Toyota ones. I think they are a great shape, so did not want them colour-coded. Do they do the job? Well they sit quite thin on the panel, so a curved door at the wrong height might still give the door a ding. None yet though!!!

Picture018-6.jpg

Thanks for posting that picture Subarman. I have a silver IQ also so this really helps me to envisage how the Toyota ones would look like on my car.

I'm getting a black iQ3 in the next few months, so might put some of the black Toyota door strips on it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links