Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question About Fuel Gauge

BarryIQ

So far I have been filling up my fuel tank whenever the fuel gauge has dropped to the last slot (there are 6 slots in total)

and the last slot was blinking.

Just wondering if that last slot was really final? Or the display will show 'no slot' after that last slot has used up?

There is always 5-6L of petrol left in the fill tank (assuming 32L is full tank) when I fill up during the last slot and thats enough for another 100km+ So I assume there should be an 'empty slot' display after the 'last slot'.

• 3 weeks later...

So far I have been filling up my fuel tank whenever the fuel gauge has dropped to the last slot (there are 6 slots in total)

and the last slot was blinking.

Just wondering if that last slot was really final? Or the display will show 'no slot' after that last slot has used up?

There is always 5-6L of petrol left in the fill tank (assuming 32L is full tank) when I fill up during the last slot and thats enough for another 100km+ So I assume there should be an 'empty slot' display after the 'last slot'.

That lost block is Mr. T's version of Russian Roulette. The fuel gauge seems to be a hotly criticised device that they've fitted. Push it to the limit at your own peril. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links