Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Key Programming

nwc100

12 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Yeah, the immobilizer transponders are essentially hard-wired - When they say programming, it's actually the car that's being programmed, not the chip.

(Programmable chips do exist - This is what auto-locksmiths use to clone an existing transponder signal).

The way they work in essence is the car pulses a signal at the chip, a bit like how wireless charging works, which powers it up and allows the chip to pulse back its own signal; If it matches what's coded into the car, it releases the immobilizer.

Ahhhhh I see. I didn't realise it is actually the car being programed not the actual chip? So essentially it's similar to how RFID works on contactless bank cards and ID cards ect? As in the card reader will send a little pulse to the card, which has a RFID chip inside, the chip inside the card gets power from the reader, sends information from the card (bank account details and how much money to send) to the reader and then the transaction happens? Think that's roughly right how it works? 

• Like 1

Yes! Exactly like that! :clap:

1 hour ago, ShiftedReality1990 said:

I didn't realise it is actually the car being programed not the actual chip?

Which is how modern thieves can operate. Plug computer into OBD port, access the security system, tell it the 'new' key they have nearby is now added to the system. Drive away.

(Yeah, it's a bit more complicated maybe, but that's essentially it.)

6 hours ago, flash22 said:

this thread is for the Mk 1 And 2

the mk3 uses a different system and you need a scan tool to program the immobilizer even more so with the smart key programming the remote locking can be a pain

Oh *******, it's the most imp bit then, that i missed. I've actually looked up several tools that might do it but price varies from £300-1k which is obv insane for a non commercial locksmith. Should yoy have any pointers or stuff to read through re mk3, let me know pls. Mine isn't keyless, it's mk3 with regular key 

3 hours ago, funky2nite said:

Oh *******, it's the most imp bit then, that i missed. I've actually looked up several tools that might do it but price varies from £300-1k which is obv insane for a non commercial locksmith. Should yoy have any pointers or stuff to read through re mk3, let me know pls. Mine isn't keyless, it's mk3 with regular key 

It's hit and miss, partly dependent on your location, but there are some decent auto electricians who can do this stuff. 

Be sensible. If it could be done cheaply and easily every thief would be doing it. Security is never absolute, it's about making it too difficult or expensive to be worth the bother, so the tools to do it shouldn't be cheap or readily available.

tech stream will do it with no issues

• Like 2

On 6/8/2024 at 2:11 PM, flash22 said:

tech stream will do it with no issues

Need to buy myself the Tech Stream program ... for educational purposes of course 😉

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all 

I have been reading all through this forum to try and programme a key to the  Immobiliser (I have done the central locking) 

I have tired all the methods listed but cannot get it to start the car 

The key I have brought is used off eBay and the code on the back matches the cars original key (Valeo 736716-A)

The only key I have is a black master key with the central locking  ( the original one to the car )

My car is a 2003 (53 plate ) T3 1ltr French build is that’s any help 

anyone have any ideas as to why it’s not working , could it be that’s it’s a used key instead of a fresh blank one ?

Thanks in advance 

Follow the pdf, the car may have too many keys programmed, what year car did the key come from the Mk2 uses the same key but a different chip (edit. MK 1 - 4C, Mk2 - ID70)

find a decent locksmith and get them to test the key, the passive chip for the immobiliser could be duff or missing

the Battery and circuit board are for the remote locking, the passive black chip is for the immobilizer

no such thing as a clean key - the key is synced to the car via programming

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply flash22

im not sure what year car the key came from as it doesn’t say in the eBay listing. It also doesn’t mention if it’s 4c or id70 , I can’t see either code on the circuit board .

From what I know the car came with 2 sets of keys from new and no more keys were made so I assume that’s not the problem too.

The eBay listing also said they tested all the chips on the board so that should rule out a dud chip

I guess I’ll try a few more attempts , maybe I’m not doing the sequence quick enough ?

the chip is the size of a large grain of rice as per the pics on page 6

the number is on the chip itself

• Like 2

Thanks again for the reply flash22

I have looked on my original master key and indeed found the chip. I however cannot see any codes on it apart from 3 numbers in a little circle.

Turns out the key I have brought on eBay didn't come with the immobiliser chip so i am guessing I need to order a c4 immobiliser chip online and then follow the programming procedure ?

IMG_1618.jpeg

IMG_1617.jpeg

IMG_1626.jpeg

You definitely need the transponder chip in the key... are you sure there isn't one in there? Seems odd to sell a key without one.

Have you got a photo of the key? if it is an original Toyota-type key then the transponder is a bit hidden

I bought a replacement flip-out type key that i was told would work, but i had to swap the transponder in from another key in the (kindly donated by a forum member) to get it to program successfully.

• Like 2

well that will be the reason you can't program it

Looks like that chip has been replaced in the past

you will require a 4c or ID4c chip

• Like 2

On 8/13/2024 at 1:22 PM, 2003YarisT3 said:

I have looked on my original master key and indeed found the chip. I however cannot see any codes on it apart from 3 numbers in a little circle.

Turns out the key I have brought on eBay didn't come with the immobiliser chip so i am guessing I need to order a c4 immobiliser chip online and then follow the programming procedure ?

Precisely what Flash and boyse7en said. You need a 4C chip or ID4c chip to program the key to your immobiliser. Don't go buying cheap eBay ones either as they are fake and will not program to the car. You'll need genuine Toyota chips. You said that you have your master key so you will definitely be able to program the chips once you acquire them. Trust me, I have researched and experimented with the Yaris central locking and immobiliser system (this thread will show) for a long time to confidently say that as long as you follow the procedure further back up the forum and with the right chips, you should have no problems. Though I lack my original master key, I was able to collab with boyse7en to figure out that we needed official Toyota chips to be able to program one to the immobiliser. I hope you're able to get it working. 

Pete

• Like 2

Hi everyone , been a few weeks but I’m back with news …

it’s works !!

a couple of weeks ago I order a new chip of eBay costing just £4. Today it arrived and I followed the programming procedure from this forum and it worked perfectly first time , you won’t believe the excitement when I saw that little red security light go out 🤣

Attempted to start the car with the new programmed key and it started right up !

Here is a link to the eBay chip I brought in case anyone else needs one ( 4c )

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303248647097?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=85Dn4utpSVq&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=gm_ZrADnSH6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I can’t believe all this time I had missed the actual chip for the immobiliser , I genuinely thought it was all one unit with central locking one 

Thanks again to everyone replying with ideas and suggestion ,been a really help in getting it all to work 

• Thanks 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links