Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Iisurance Rises Again!

jw67

A rise in fraudulent claims is being blamed for biggest increase in insurance premiums ever recorded by the AA.

The motoring organisation's Insurance Premium Index revealed that the average comprehensive policy had risen 11.5 percent to £704 in the last quarter.

Young drivers, already burdened with higher premiums, were forced to endure an even more aggressive rise, as third party, fire and theft policies climbed by 15.9 percent over the same period, meaning they faced an average cost of £1,224.99 for insurance.

The industry claims that prices have increased to keep pace with the number of fraudulent claims which are being made each month.

The vast majority of these are the result of genuine incidents where the policyholder has deliberately exagerated damage or personal injury to inflate the size of a payout, but there has also been a marked increase in organised fraud.

This includes criminal gangs engaged in 'crash for cash' scams who systematically defraud insurers by causing innocent motorists to drive into them at roundabouts and junctions, and then claim for the cost of the car on their victims policy.

"The latest British Crime Survey, published last week, suggests that crime levels are falling, but crucially, it misses a new 21st-century wave of fraud such as providing false information and claiming for non-existent personal injuries, which just isn't being picked up," said AA president, Edmund King.

The Association of British Insurers puts the cost of undetected fraud at £2bn per year.

Brilliant!!My insurance goes up year after year for those w :censor: ers who break the law and I've never made a claim in 25 years of driving :angry: :ffs: :disgust:

Not really relative to the previous post, but not :offtopic::laughing:

I was talking with the Son of a friend about his car Insurance. He wants to get rid of his Banger & has spotted one he likes. However, it is a Jap import, & his Insurance Co. have told him that the Insurance he will have to pay will be dearer on it, because it is an import. Seems that this is the same with all Insurance Co's.

The only answer I could give was it was because of the cost of spares & parts.

Has anyone come across this in the UK, or is it an Ireland only rip off ?

Not really relative to the previous post, offtopic.giflaughing.gif

Why break the habit of a life time laugh.gif

Not 100 percent sure but I believe imports in the UK are more expensive to insure.

On the subject of my insurance,as I said,I have never made a claim in 25 years of motoring yet year on year my premium goes up,so year on year I have to change insurers to get a half decent quote :( .

When I owned my Primera 1.6,R reg and valued at 500.00 pounds my fully comp quote was 230.00 per year with the AA.When I agreed to buy the Corolla from a dealer I presumed,wrongly,that a group 5 car,Primera group 9,would be cheaper.But no.Apparently,the company that AA use wouldn't even insure my "new"10 year old Corolla as its value was too low at 1000.00 pounds( :o )but would insure a 13 year old, 500.00 pound Primera.The cheapest quote the AA could do was,wait for it,470.00 pounds.

Eventually the cheapest quote was with Kwik Fit at 270.00 pounds,still dearer than the Nissan :eek: .

I too was the victim of an insurance hike this year despite never making a claim mad.gif

A full £6 increase!! censored.gif

:lol:

I too was the victim of an insurance hike this year despite never making a claim mad.gif

A full £6 increase!! censored.gif

B :censor: ds :yes:

Mine went down £ 13.00 thumbsup.gif

:ban:

ban.gif

But I do drive an Aygo....

ban.gif

And that makes it better how??

Get out of this thread!! mad.gif

ban.gif

And that makes it better how??

laugh.gif

Well they're cheap to run and fix

I was meaning in reference to your reduced premium... it's not what we want to hear in this thread!!

I've paid almost half your reduction in my increase... who's paid the other bit?? :lol:

....A full £6 increase!! censored.gif

I had a bitch of a £5 rise in the insurance for my Rover.... oh dear laugh.gif

However I had a large rise dumped on me by Swift Insurance for my Avensis censored.gif swines mad.gif

However I had a large rise dumped on me by Swift Insurance for my Avensis censored.gif swines mad.gif

They've seen you drive then... :D

Just keep changing and playing them off against each other; There is no point in staying with the same insurer aside from laziness. It's not like they reward you for being loyal to them (If anything they punish you!)

It's all a load of cobblers anyway; They basically charge what they can get away with. They're always putting out some new pap about why they have to put premiums up :(

@Bizza - You're right about the parts thing; One of the criteria they base the premium on is how expensive the car is to service/repair, and they tend to automatically assume import cars are more expensive to fix. Rarity is another possibility - They claim they're more likely to get nicked :rolleyes:

Just keep changing and playing them off against each other; There is no point in staying with the same insurer aside from laziness. It's not like they reward you for being loyal to them (If anything they punish you!)

It's all a load of cobblers anyway; They basically charge what they can get away with. They're always putting out some new pap about why they have to put premiums up sad.gif

@Bizza - You're right about the parts thing; One of the criteria they base the premium on is how expensive the car is to service/repair, and they tend to automatically assume import cars are more expensive to fix. Rarity is another possibility - They claim they're more likely to get nicked rolleyes.gif

Bizarra's car has a number one stamped on the block...

Higher insurance premiums is just one more reason there are more uninsured drivers on the road. Let's face it who is going to pay more than the car cost them to buy as an annual premium? With no insurance you might as well not bother with road tax either and there is no point at all in updating the V5 with your address. So you go out and buy an unroadworthy heap of junk for under £1,000 drive it for about 6 months then sell it for parts on eBay and move on to the next car. Not only would you save on servicing, MOT, tax and insurance you would probably turn a profit on the spares.

There are some things that make you feel really stupid to be a law abiding citizen.

Mine never altered.......................I dont pay any insurance ;)

Before you all shout, I'm on the company scheme :lol:

The 30 year old motorbike went up by £2 the robbing b :censor: s

Kingo :thumbsup:

I have seen my hire and reward insurance premium rise from £698.48 last year to £820.00 this year , i had to change insurer's in order to get it down to £820 my existing company wanted £861.44 , thats with full no claims bonus , my cab is getting older and worth less each year yet my premiums rise's each year , my insurers have told me to expect an even bigger rise next year , possibly by as much as £200 , because as they put it , Taxi insurance has been far too cheap for too many years . Yeah right , more a case of only a few company's left in the market offering Taxi Insurance , so there's little competition which means it comes down to " take it or leave it "

I'll probably find myself changing back to my old Insurer next year as their likely to offer a discount to get me back as " new business "

I have only ever had one fault accident in 13 years of cabbing for a minor bump , more of nudge really at around 3 to 5 mph , however the other guy claimed for whiplash :lol: and i had not got full no claims bonus at the time , i saw my premium rise from £1,100 .00 to almost £1,800 .00 the following year .

You never see a poor insurance company, I know I was a loss adjuster for six years.

I just couldn't continue screwing old ladies out of their rights.

You never see a poor insurance company, I know I was a loss adjuster for six years.

I just couldn't continue screwing old ladies out of their rights.

I had dealings with one of those <_< many years ago :censor: Proper bastard :bash: I can't remember his name, but am certain that it began with an R :eek: Was it Ristlain? :unsure::laughing:

I know I was a loss adjuster for six years.

I'm not suprised :rolleyes:

I know I was a loss adjuster for six years.

I'm not suprised :rolleyes:

Top of the "Hate List" followed closely by Traffic Wardens :boxed::death::laughing:

.........and car salesmen along with estate agents..........

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links