Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question From An Idiot!

finbar

Hello. please don't laugh, but yesterday i attempted to change the engine oil on my mum's N reg Rav 4,and accidently drained the wrong oil. I undid the 24mm plug nearer the back of the car,instead of the sump plug. It looks like the front diff. My question is how do i refill it? i can't see a filler plug anywhere. I took the splash plate off and found a filler plug halfway up the front of the gearbox,but i'm not sure whether the diff and gearbox are joined together because there seems to be another drain plug on the side of the gearbox nearer the lefthand side of the car, and i couldn't see any reason why they'd put two drain plugs in if the diff and 'box share the same fluid? Thanks in advance for any help. finbar

quick edit,what oil should i put back in? Thanks again.

well you might as well drain the complete gear box if its manaul then pop them both back in and then fill them both from the filler from the gearbox. gearbox and center diff share fluid.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links