Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tte Power Box 146 Hp - Help

rave

Hello, can someone tell me how can i know for shore if a RAV 4 D4D 2004 as this box mounted or not? thanks a lot :rolleyes:

Hello, can someone tell me how can i know for shore if a RAV 4 D4D 2004 as this box mounted or not? thanks a lot :rolleyes:

No one knows? thanks

No one knows? thanks

I am sorry no one has replied, but are you asking if your car has this PARTICULAR "Chip" fitted or if it has any chip fitted :unsure: Kingo should be able to tell you where the chip is connected to + then by tracing the wires you should be able to locate if + where the actual box is..sorry if this is a bit vague but i am not sure where the connection is on the 4.2 :unsure: Stew

No one knows? thanks

I am sorry no one has replied, but are you asking if your car has this PARTICULAR "Chip" fitted or if it has any chip fitted :unsure: Kingo should be able to tell you where the chip is connected to + then by tracing the wires you should be able to locate if + where the actual box is..sorry if this is a bit vague but i am not sure where the connection is on the 4.2 :unsure: Stew

I have a 4.3

I might be wrong but:

One fits on the end of the fuel rail

post-94440-127986606287_thumb.jpg

The other fits here:

post-94440-12798661328_thumb.jpg

No one knows? thanks

I have a 4.3

I might be wrong but:

One fits on the end of the fuel rail

post-94440-127986606287_thumb.jpg

The other fits here:

post-94440-12798661328_thumb.jpg

To try and throw some light on this (you are about to realise the limits of my mechanical knowledge) My brother bought a "cheap chip" off fleabay, for his 4.2 it was supposed to be a 20min fit, the instructions said remove plug on common rail, plug in "chip" then refit original plug into "chip" job done :eek: however the plug is positioned in the middle of the common rail + would involve quite extensive removal of engine bits to get at, So TBH we gave up + sent it back.. He has since had one fitted by a reputable firm "tunit" this I believe took them a couple of hours to fit :unsure: He was very pleased with this, but then the car occasionaly went in to limp mode, he took it back Tunit replaced the chip + again after a while it went into limp mode, This may or may not be relative :unsure: he has now had the "chip" removed and although he misses the extra performance, so far as i know the car is fine again.. Now Rave,the TTE chip I believe was manufactured for Toyota by Van Arken, again i believe to buy them from Toyota they are about £1000 so I doubt many would be sold,If your car has a TTE chip it would be more than likely fitted at a toyota dealer so probably would show up somewhere in the cars history, I am sure if you took your car to a knowledgable dealer they would be able to tell if your car has this or any "chip" fitted..Hope this helps :thumbsup: Stew

Quick PS..I have one on my 4.3 supplied + fitted in 20 mins by Lindop toyota at Queensferry contact "KINGO" it has been fault free for 3 yrs now...They also do them for the 4.2 diesel :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links