Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Windscreen Wipers

tony_r

Is there any way to turn off the auto windscreen wiper function?

just push the stalk upwards as far as it will go.

Is there any way to turn off the auto windscreen wiper function?

just push the stalk upwards as far as it will go.

I thought that was just to invoke a manual 'once off' swish.

So are you saying that if the stalk is pushed upwards as far as it will go AND LEFT THERE (swishing or not from the stalk movement) that auto will then be turned off? Presumably in that scenario to get a manual 'once off' swish the stalk needs to be moved down one notch and then pushed back up again.

yes push right up will swiss the wipers once,then let go wipers of, i click down auto wipers, 2nd click slow wipers, 3rd click fast wipers.

yes push right up will swiss the wipers once,then let go wipers of, i click down auto wipers, 2nd click slow wipers, 3rd click fast wipers.

Ok tks for that. Hmmm... having an IQ and not being able to figure out the windscreen wipers :)

Ok tks for that. Hmmm... having an IQ and not being able to figure out the windscreen wipers :)

Tony, it can be a bit confusing and the manual is correct but it's a little arcane to some extent. The auto wipe is useful to be sure but there have been times where we needed to switch to manual because of the latency between detection and wiping. It's a nice feature to be have though.

Tony, it can be a bit confusing and the manual is correct but it's a little arcane to some extent. The auto wipe is useful to be sure but there have been times where we needed to switch to manual because of the latency between detection and wiping. It's a nice feature to be have though.

The manual has the stalk up position labeled as 'temporary' which I thought meant a user selected 'once off' wipe as an alternative to supplement continuous low or high speed wipe options. I assumed turning off autowipe would be at the furthest down twist position but it obviously wasn't and so I sometimes found myself driving along with wipers going (no rain!) and unable to turn them off! In general I prefer to do car things manually rather than defer to some pre-programmed parameters - maybe I'm just a latent luddite :)

This is the same wiper set up as the Prius, which is the only car I've driven with rain sensing wipers, and I was a bit disappointed to see the auto wipers replace the intermittent option.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links