Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Council Bans Mini-Skirts In Crackdown On Inappropriate Clothing In The

Raistlin

article-1298929-0AA0F214000005DC-948_233x486.jpg

Council bosses have banned some women workers from wearing mini-skirts and could send them home if they flout the rules.

Four-hundred staff in the children's services department received a memo telling them they should dress respectfully.

Men are advised to wear collared or polo shirts, cotton trousers such as khakis or chinos with a belt, and 'dress shoes'.

Women can wear trousers, informal dresses or skirts of 'reasonable' length, but 'not mini-skirts'.

Unions have threatened to fight the ban at Southampton City Council and one outraged worker, who did not want to be named, said: 'Are they going to come around with a tape measure?'

The leaked email warned social workers, youth workers, educational welfare officers and others in the department to 'carefully consider their work attire'.

The memo added: 'Please try to dress smartly and thoughtfully, in line with other professionals you come across in your day-to-day work, and in a way that shows respect to children and families.'

Unison branch secretary Mike Tucker said: 'I would have thought the council has got better things to do than impose a regimented approach to what people wear. If anyone is disciplined we are more than happy to defend them.'

But council chiefs insisted that although skirts should not be too short, there are no specific rules on skirt length.

A spokesman said: 'We do not have a rigid dress code and will not be going around offices with a tape measure.

'Like any organisation we issue guidance and ask staff to dress appropriately for their job. The email was sent to around 400 people in the children's services department because workers there visit people's homes and deal with sensitive issues.

'It is important staff in customer-facing roles look professional.

'The council employs just under 10,000 staff, with the vast majority dressing completely appropriately.

'We do not have lots of staff at the council wearing mini-skirts – that was just picked as an example of what would be inappropriate.'

Bags I the job of Mini Skirt measuring Official :thumbsup::drool:

They won't even have to pay me..............much, & I wouldn't take holidays or sick leave :lol:

I would have put you forward but the uniform is not waterproof... eek.gif

I would have put you forward but the uniform is not waterproof... eek.gif

Don't worry :lol: I'll wear the skin tight Lycra Body Suit you so kindly designed for me :eek:

I will not be deterred :thumbsup: ! "We shall over come!" :toast:

Don't you mean cum over.... eek.gif

I stand corrected & rightly so :thumbsup: Many thanks, O learned one :hokus-pokus: :bookworm:

Southampton city council obviously have shares in the local burkha factory, that's obviously the next step!!!

I work for my local council and I have been tasked for the past week to look into this mini skirt issue.... I have seen some very nice things naughty.gif

I work for my local council and I have been tasked for the past week to look into this mini skirt issue.... I have seen some very nice things naughty.gif

Look in or look up ?

Look in or look up ?

eh ah ummmm angel.gifdrool.gifblush.gifrolleyes.gif

Look in or look up ?

Both :drool: in the case of those daring, naughty girls who are forgetful or go Commando :naughty:

Look in or look up ?

Both drool.gif in the case of those daring, naughty girls go Commando naughty.gif

Sneaking up on you with a knife to stab you because of your bad thoughts... death.gif

Look in or look up ?

Both drool.gif in the case of those daring, naughty girls go Commando naughty.gif

Sneaking up on you with a knife to stab you because of your bad thoughts... death.gif

Why now ? I've had them for ever :lol: & you know it :thumbsup: Anyway, you're no Angel, last time I looked. :angel_not::eek:

Look in or look up ?

As soon as I read his comment I thought that! :lol: Great minds...

I have to agree with the ban. :yes: You go to work to work, not to be provocative and show off your legs. Vic is the one exception to this, but he works on the street corner, not an office. :yes: :P

I am not against mini-skirts, but I do see them as a form of showing sexual intention/interest and that is not appropriate in an office and certainly not going to meet people in their homes on business terms.

Time and a place, something I have had to tell many girlfriends....

:oops: We have a newly "saved" Puritan in our midst <_< :fear::lol:

I didn't think that "The Road to Damascus" was in Gozo :rolleyes: Maybe if you try travelling it in reverse, Kynan, You will undo the evil spell & return to normal :rolleyes: ..............wait a minute... Normal ? :sneaky2: :lol2:

Look in or look up ?

As soon as I read his comment I thought that! laugh.gif Great minds...

I have to agree with the ban. yes.gif You go to work to work, not to be provocative and show off your legs. Vic is the one exception to this, but he works on the street corner, not an office. yes.giftongue.gif

I am not against mini-skirts, but I do see them as a form of showing sexual intention/interest and that is not appropriate in an office and certainly not going to meet people in their homes on business terms.

Time and a place, something I have had to tell many girlfriends....

What planet are you from ?

It's obvious that you not yet embarked on the fifty years of soul destroying tedium call work...

There are times when the only thing that lightens the day is the illicit glance of an attractive women wearing some provocative clothing... yes.gif

You missed 1984 thumbsup.gif , get with the program.

I am from a planet that believes that when you go to work and your job is not a prostitute or sexual dancer etc that yuo should go there to work, giving no other vibe/inclination whilst doing so, so that you do not distract yourself and others with anything else. ;)

Oh Dear :( Beyond redemption, you are :shutit:

I think you have been reincarnated from a misogynist Male of the pre Suffragette era , with full recollection and prejudices :bash::bangin::hammer: and NO smiley :no:

Before I was born :eek: " A glimpse of stockin was looked upon as something shockin" went the song, & a shapely ankle was an erotic delight.

Dress, or lack of it is something dictated by the times in which we live & our current customs & taboos :thumbsup:

In parts of the World, it is normal & accepted for Women to go bare breasted & causes no comment. In other parts it is ok for men to wear false penises of extraordinary size.

We have moved on from the Victorian era, thank God, where sex & nudity were underground & to be sniggered at by dirty old Men { Raist, stay in your corner & be quiet :yes: }

Kynan, come in out of the dark & enjoy the beauty of the female figure, while our present attitude lasts. Or, come out of the cupboard , join the Taliban & promote Sharia law :arabia:

Phew! :rolleyes: In short, {& much too late} Lighten up & enjoy life. it is wondrous & beautiful :thumbsup:

I take great pleasure in gazing upon the female form and often, however I don't see it to be something to be done when at work.

I am in no way against sex/nudity and I get very angry to see how people make such a bloody fuss about it, but in this instance I am with the Council.

In fact, I am looking at a few females now.... thank god for the internet. :lol:

I am not as uptight as it seems, I was devastated when the NEC Railway exhibition ceased colliding with the Clothes Show.... all that totti and no eyes to stare at it. There was some serious cleavage there.... not to mention masses of jailbait. :naughty::drool:

My posts in TOC MOB reveal that I am not so uptight :D

I take great pleasure in gazing upon the female form and often, however I don't see it to be something to be done when at work.

I am in no way against sex/nudity and I get very angry to see how people make such a bloody fuss about it, but in this instance I am with the Council.

In fact, I am looking at a few females now.... thank god for the internet. :lol:

I am not as uptight as it seems, I was devastated when the NEC Railway exhibition ceased colliding with the Clothes Show.... all that totti and no eyes to stare at it. There was some serious cleavage there.... not to mention masses of jailbait. :naughty::drool:

My posts in TOC MOB reveal that I am not so uptight :D

Relax, I was taking the urine :lol: & couldn't get back yesterday, to calm you down :lol2:

In parts of the World, it is normal & accepted for Women to go bare breasted & causes no comment. In other parts it is ok for men to wear false penises of extraordinary size.

Ah,so you've been to Cornwall then :lol:

Ah,so you've been to Cornwall then :lol:

As often as possible B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links