Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do You Actually Drive Your Car?

Funkadelic

A mate of mine has decided to get an MR2 turbo.

He knows the fuel consumption combined with the insurance premium in excess of £1500 will bleed him dry, so he intends not to drive very often, or at the very least not to drive "enthusiastically."

Essentially he just wants to pose and go "vrmmmmmmm... tsch" alot.

I'm all for having another '2 to muck about with on the road and to travel to Brighton (etc) with in the summer(but of course it's urban driving that seems to cain the petrol on these things), but do you think that is the right attitude to have? I mean, isn't a car like the MR2 meant to be DRIVEN?

My car is mainly a commuter car .. I do over 50 miles every day, mainly on the M'way ..

But on weekends I usually give it a serious blat .. cause it's a Toyota, it's happy doing both :thumbsup:

Mines a commute cat too - as Bibbs 50 miles a day.. I prescribe to the notion that if you can only afford to drive the car in limited quantities, then you cannot afford to run it and should get something else. Effectively you're restricting yourself unneccessarily.

and it's not just the 20 mpg on 80p a litre petrol .. it's the service (oil change) every 3500 miles, the wear and tear items need replacing more often, and cost more (plugs, leads, clutches, turbos), there is more to go wrong (turbo, IC, BOV's) ..

I recon my Turbo is costing me twice what my NA was (on a daily basis) and the insurance is over double ..

But would I go back? Not Bl**dy likely .. :D :lol:

I use my car on a daily basis I do 50 miles a day to the office and back :D :D I love it 22mpg!!!! rock on!! it's only a 1.6 :lol::lol: If I go out to some of my customers sites I can do 500-1000 miles a week hehe I might get a second car for longer trips but I dont think I would sell the rolla!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links