Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tall Ships Celebrations Begin In Hartlepool

Raistlin

_48640396_tallships3.jpg

About 60 vessels have arrived in Hartlepool to take part in the Tall Ships festivities.

It is hoped that the event, which begins on Saturday, will attract as many as one million people to the town over the next four days.

The Tall Ships Race takes place every summer in European waters.

It is the second leg of the event and Hartlepool mayor Stuart Drummond said the town was "buzzing" with excitement.

The event has been organised by Sail Training International.

Up to 6,000 young people from more than 30 countries take part, with at least half of each crew being made up of people aged between 15 and 25.

Really spectacular

Mr Drummond said: "The atmosphere down there is already buzzing. We're set for a fantastic event.

"There are 60 Tall Ships there ranging from the class D ones - which are about the size of big yachts - right up to the massive class A, really spectacular ones.

"We've also got the Indonesian and Russian navy there.

"We've got a site of about a square mile hosting all sorts of entertainment activities, live music, fireworks, you name it."

Crews will parade through the town in uniform or fancy dress on Sunday and on Monday, and a huge pyrotechnics display will mark the end of the Eve of Sail celebration before the ships leave on Tuesday.

:bored::yawn: We {Ireland :clap: } have hosted this a couple of times previously. <_<

No doubt you sent over delegations to get tips & hints from our experts :lol:

We have this in Torbay,too.Surrey must have been 3rd choice this time around :P

Too high a rating, methinks! :lol2:

I have been planning to visit this event since early this year............Hotels were booked.......Park and ride tickets purchased........all set to go then on Monday 26th July I broke my ankle whilst up in Glossop Derbyshire. :(

So the Harlepool trip has been cancelled............I am gutted..............but am following events on the website :thumbsup:

I have been planning to visit this event since early this year............Hotels were booked.......Park and ride tickets purchased........all set to go then on Monday 26th July I broke my ankle whilst up in Glossop Derbyshire. sad.gif

So the Harlepool trip has been cancelled............I am gutted..............but am following events on the website thumbsup.gif

Sounds like you have already had a trip... shutup.gif

I have been planning to visit this event since early this year............Hotels were booked.......Park and ride tickets purchased........all set to go then on Monday 26th July I broke my ankle whilst up in Glossop Derbyshire. sad.gif

So the Harlepool trip has been cancelled............I am gutted..............but am following events on the website thumbsup.gif

should have taken more water with it :rolleyes:

:no::bangin:

Sorry you are on :crutchy: or even worse in a :wheelchair: .Hopefully you had a nice :doctor: and you will be :driving: again soon.Hope you wasn't :drunk: when you broke your ankle.At least you can wath the :boat: on the web now.

:no::bangin:

Sorry you are on :crutchy: or even worse in a :wheelchair: .Hopefully you had a nice :doctor: and you will be :driving: again soon.Hope you wasn't :drunk: when you broke your ankle.At least you can wath the :boat: on the web now.

Thanks for the wishes..............I was totaly sober at the time, and helping my youngest son move out of his flat in Glossop......My car is to be recovered this weekend by my two sons who are travelling up by train and driving it home :thumbsup:

I spent just over a week in a Manchester hospital and learnt some "Northern" language! :lol:

I am pleased to be home but will be unable to drive for several weeks :(

no.gifbangin.gif

Sorry you are on crutch.gif or even worse in a wheelchair.gif .Hopefully you had a nice doctor.gif and you will be driving.gif again soon.Hope you wasn't drunk.gif when you broke your ankle.At least you can wath the boat.gif on the web now.

Thanks for the wishes..............I was totaly sober at the time, and helping my youngest son move out of his flat in Glossop......My car is to be recovered this weekend by my two sons who are travelling up by train and driving it home thumbsup.gif

I spent just over a week in a Manchester hospital and learnt some "Northern" language! laugh.gif

I am pleased to be home but will be unable to drive for several weeks sad.gif

We've heard about you driving, so no loss there ... :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links