Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got My Tubby Back From The Repair Shop

dj_davo

well it is exactly 1 month to the day that i took my tubby in for its cosmetic repair after a :censor: :censor: drove into the side of me in his fiesta! :ffs:

used nationwide crash repair centre as they are the 1 that my insurance recommend and the only 1 that they will offer a guarantee of the work with.

pretty nice repair job, not the best sparying ever but i want a blowover in the summer anyway. new bilstein shocker and wheel bearing too, as the :censor: actually drove into the back wheel. didnt realise the shocker needed changing but,..ho hum over £200 saved anyway. they couldnt get the side strip that says 'twin cam 16 turbo' as apparently after weeks of trying toyota say they dont do them anymore. i mentioned that it may be a separate decal to stick on after, and nationwide said that they were told toyota dont do that either? any thoughts peeps? anyway now they have put a new blank one there and swapped the other side, so i guess my car is now debadged :thumbsup:

after driving the awe inspiring 1.2 semi automatic corsa courtesy car it makes u realise how quick ur tubby actually is, and how low to the !Removed! floor you are! :thumbsup:

What colour is your car and what side is the replacement blank strip? I may have one in the correct colour.

matt.

its red and the strips are burgundy with burgundy writing. there was only a little paint chip on the original strip and they snapped it getting it off!!! so now i have the passenger side but not the drivers.

if u got 1 kicking around i may like it, but dont mind the debadged effect to be honest.

scrap that,........if u got 1 i would be very interested cos i like to have all the original items to keep it factory standard. :thumbsup:

Looks like i've only got the passenger side one, but it should be around somewhere - i'll have a better look on monday.

M.

I'm after a full set of black ones .. with no logos .. I've got grey ones with the logos if anyone wants to swap ..

Yeah .. but that like costs ..

I need to get a spray over for my car .. anyone know any place that is quality and cheap?

You lazy bas*ard, spray the ones you got - at least then they will match the body colour...

Yeah, I suppose it's easy with black.......unlike the fu :censor: kwitt previous owner that sprayed mine :-

sale22.jpg

Looks like :-

A - He used an emulsion brush

B - He used a fu :censor: in Ford white !!! :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links