Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Iq Is Finally Coming To The Us In March!

junebug1701

Toyota has announced the Scion IQ will be coming to the states in March of 2011:

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/scion-iq-coming-in-march-2011-23241.html

The Scion IQ is a revamped version of Toyota’s miniature vehicle, offering four seats in a 120.1 inches long package.

Compared to the Toyota IQ, the model offers a more dynamic exterior and comes with a refreshed interior. Its front fascia includes large air intakes and features a low-positioned horizontal chrome strip. The car rides on new rims, which feature a double multi-spoke design that comes to accentuate the sporty appearance of the vehicle.

Inside the car, we find a new center console and a premium audio system. The Scion incarnation is expected to offer a higher level of equipment (compared to what Toyota offers for Japanese and Europeans).

The vehicle is powered by a 1.3 liter VVT-I four cylinder powerplant that delivers 98 hp and 91 lb-ft of torque. The engine is mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT), with the expected fuel economy rating reaching 30 mpg.

The vehicle is powered by a 1.3 liter VVT-I four cylinder powerplant that delivers 98 hp and 91 lb-ft of torque. The engine is mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT), with the expected fuel economy rating reaching 30 mpg.

Only 30 mpg. :( I'm really hoping I get more than this out of my UK iQ3, especially as I'm currently running a 4.3L V8 and getting just over 20 mpg around town out of that. Perhaps I should have gone for the iQ2 instead.

MarkP.

US gallons are smaller than UK gallons and their fuel has a lower octane rating to ours too. So their stuff doesn't burn as well.

So, don't worry too much......

Toyota has announced the Scion IQ will be coming to the states in March of 2011:

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/scion-iq-coming-in-march-2011-23241.html

The Scion IQ is a revamped version of Toyota’s miniature vehicle, offering four seats in a 120.1 inches long package.

Compared to the Toyota IQ, the model offers a more dynamic exterior and comes with a refreshed interior. Its front fascia includes large air intakes and features a low-positioned horizontal chrome strip. The car rides on new rims, which feature a double multi-spoke design that comes to accentuate the sporty appearance of the vehicle.

Inside the car, we find a new center console and a premium audio system. The Scion incarnation is expected to offer a higher level of equipment (compared to what Toyota offers for Japanese and Europeans).

So I presume the European and Japanese IQ models will have their exterior and interior design/fittings the same as the US Scion, from March.

The production line wouldn't have two sets of major design details and fittings for two markets, unless the Scion is made solely in a plant in the US.

That would be the first full IQ facelift, apart from the small tweaks that have been going on up until now.

US gallons are smaller than UK gallons and their fuel has a lower octane rating to ours too. So their stuff doesn't burn as well.

I completely forgot about these points in my disappoint at the 30 mpg figure.

Well the press releases seem to say the Scion IQ will get in the "high" 30's, so let's say 37 mpg US. That equates to 44 mpg Imperial.

You can download the press kit from the link below which includes press releases and hi-res photos. Looks like the only transmission will be the auto CVT. The interior is somewhat different--there are 10 airbags, including a curtain airbag for the back window! Other things I noticed are a more traditional stereo system with a normal volume knob, manual A/C heater controls, no auto headlamps, and no intermittent wipers. On the center console is one cupholder, AUX/USB jacks, traction control override, and power door lock buttons. There is also a "5-Axis" custom version shown which looks very cool:

03_01_iQ_5AXIS_F34.jpg

http://www.sciondimension.com/

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links