Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Unichip...

Jimlad

Pizzaboy and myself went to get our Unichips fitted today !!

Pizza boy is now producing a very healthy 301BHP !!! Rev3 running 17PSI.

I had some issues which have now been resolved, hence the work will be finished tomorrow for me. ( I had a dodgy wire somewhere in the ECU harness... DOH ! )

They will be slapping me upto 16PSI and then we'll see what I can get.

Pizzaboy was very happy ! I went in the car with him afterwards and I shat a ton !

Pizzaboy and myself went to get our Unichips fitted today !!

Pizza boy is now producing a very healthy 301BHP !!! Rev3 running 17PSI.

I had some issues which have now been resolved, hence the work will be finished tomorrow for me. ( I had a dodgy wire somewhere in the ECU harness... DOH ! )

They will be slapping me upto 16PSI and then we'll see what I can get.

Pizzaboy was very happy ! I went in the car with him afterwards and I shat a ton !

How safe is it to run that much boost??

:blink:

for a rev III+ its perfectly safe to run 17PSI, 18-19 is the limit

a REV I and II can cope with up to 17PSI i think

Yep...usually a bit olwer on the Gen II but Jimlad hasenough of the right mods to support that sorta psi figure....as does Pizzaboy.

Sounds SWEET!!! :D

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Jimlad, where did you and pizza boy get the unichip fitted and how much? I'm the Rev 3 owner in Glasgow, think the only 1, that I know of...and I fancy a bit of that action, 300bhp sounds like a good plan to me! :drool: We definately need to hook up for some fun and games!

Well done fellas .. What was the full cost, as I'll be wanting to go that route myself ..

Very nice lads.....where did you get them mapped, are the figures at the flywheel?

Any idea on torque?

my figures are in another topic. Will post the graphs etc when I get a pad sorted out.

Pizzaboy is a Glasgow rev3 owner too.

We got it fitted and mapped at Dastek ( actually located in Fife, Dalgetty bay ). Cost about £480ish with the MR2DC discount. I had to pay a little more, because I had a wire fault they had to sort out. So I had to pay for the labour for that.

Nice chaps too. I was querying larger turbos etc.. they said, get it fitted.. then don't thrash it, take it to them and they would sort the rest.

Gonna get the uprated actuator and WI... then go back to see what they can get from it.

Very nice lads.....where did you get them mapped, are the figures at the flywheel?

Any idea on torque?

they don't give flywheel figures.

Matt... got the lights.. look a bit complicated. But will give a bash this week sometime. Will let you know how it goes.

Jimlad, where did you and pizza boy get the unichip fitted and how much? I'm the Rev 3 owner in Glasgow, think the only 1, that I know of...and I fancy a bit of that action, 300bhp sounds like a good plan to me! :drool: We definately need to hook up for some fun and games!

Yea no probs m8! I never met any rev3+ in Glasgow ive tried to pm you but its throwin up an error everytime. Ill email u anyways dude :thumbsup:

they don't give flywheel figures.

Pizza Boy quotes his as Fly .. so which are they lads?

Think Jimlad just made a typo.They are measured at flywheel. Estimates (oh how I hate 'estimates') are 255bhp*240lb/ft at the wheels with 18% trans loss.I also have stock 15" rims.

strange .. cause they can only measure the wheels and then "guess" the fly ..

So they measure .. add a guesstimate for the fly .. and then subtract a guestimate for the wheels .. weird ..

Either way, good results lads .. especially compared to my 250 bhp / 260 ft/lb @ 14psi on a g-valve.

I thought most RR centres measured flywheel only no?The 255bhp/240lbft was just my own estimate as I was told I am getting an 18% loss at the wheels. So I just took 18% off 301bhp/281lbft flywheel figure.

a RR can only measure wheel bhp .. they quote fly cause it sounds better .. so your 255/240 will be 100% and the 301/281 a guestimate (and usually VERY accurate) ..

I dunno what they measure... lol

If a stock rev1 is quoted as 225bhp ( whatever measured ), then mine is 273bhp. ( fly, wheels... I dunno )

• 2 weeks later...

Hi... i have just bought a 1990 mr2 turbo in black, and thought i would join in the fun.

What is this unichip?

How much are they?

What power increases can i expect (everything on the car is standard except a zorst)?

And finally, are they any dealers in the Bolton/Manchester area?

Unichips cost around £550. With uprated induction kit (APexi for e.g.) and Mongoose style uprated exhaust with no cat, you can expect anything around 260 - 280 mark. Depends on condition of engine etc.

Cheers.... i think all those mods will have too wait till i have more cash, going to enjoy it standard for a while.

Yep those were my thoughts five years ago.... and five years on, it's still standard. Instead I've just gone and bought another one!! So cash will be spent doing that one up!!

Hi guys,

Newbie alert here as I'm getting my turbo this Friday. I know Gerry at Dastek and have heard great things about the Unichip on MR2s. I know they can be tempremental on Evo and Scoobies but the Toyotas seem to love them.

I'm also from Glasgow and am (will be Friday) a rev 3 owner :)

R.

Cool another tubby in Glasgow! And a rev3 to boot. Me an MSherry are currently the only rev3/4 owners in Glasgow. Youll have prolly seen me flyin about too. If your thinking of a Unichip ill be up for meetin up to give a demo of mine no probs m8.

Post up as soon as you get it. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links