Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Man Grows Pea Plant Inside Lung

Raistlin

_48699594_pea.jpg

A Massachusetts man who was rushed to hospital with a collapsed lung came home with an unusual diagnosis: a pea plant was growing in his lung.

Ron Sveden had been battling emphysema for months when his condition deteriorated.

He was steeling himself for a cancer diagnosis when X-rays revealed the growth in his lung.

Doctors believe that Mr Sveden ate the pea at some point, but it "went down the wrong way" and sprouted.

"One of the first meals I had in the hospital after the surgery had peas for the vegetable. I laughed to myself and ate them," Mr Sveden told a local Boston TV reporter.

Mr Sveden said the plant was about half an inch (1.25cm) in size.

"Whether this would have gone full-term and I'd be working for the Jolly Green Giant, I don't know. I think the thing that finally dawned on me is that it wasn't the cancer," Mr Sveden said.

He is currently recovering at home with his wife Nancy, who joked that God must have a sense of humour, after all he did let someone make a Corolla....

_48699594_pea.jpg

A Massachusetts man who was rushed to hospital with a collapsed lung came home with an unusual diagnosis: a pea plant was growing in his lung.

Ron Sveden had been battling emphysema for months when his condition deteriorated.

He was steeling himself for a cancer diagnosis when X-rays revealed the growth in his lung.

Doctors believe that Mr Sveden ate the pea at some point, but it "went down the wrong way" and sprouted.

"One of the first meals I had in the hospital after the surgery had peas for the vegetable. I laughed to myself and ate them," Mr Sveden told a local Boston TV reporter.

Mr Sveden said the plant was about half an inch (1.25cm) in size.

"Whether this would have gone full-term and I'd be working for the Jolly Green Giant, I don't know. I think the thing that finally dawned on me is that it wasn't the cancer," Mr Sveden said.

He is currently recovering at home with his wife Nancy, who joked that God must have a sense of humour, after all he did let someone make an Aygo....

But that was on a Friday 13th...............coming up :o

Then watch your back, the 13th only enhances my powers...

Then watch your back, the 13th only enhances my powers...

I always stand with my back to the wall, for various reasons :disgust: , when you are in the vicinity :Jumpy:

Birds Eye have probably harvested & frozen them ages ago, then :thumbsup:

You may even be eating them , now as we speak :unsure::lol::eat:

I wonder if he was "Pea'd" off being in hospital? :toast:

I wonder if he was "Pea'd" off being in hospital? :toast:

He was kept in a special Pod, & he had to Shell out before they'd let him go. They'd bean afraid he'd do a runner, broadly speaking :rolleyes:

I wonder if he was "Pea'd" off being in hospital? toast.gif

He was kept in a special Pod, & he had to Shell out before they'd let him go. They'd bean afraid he'd do a runner, broadly speaking rolleyes.gif

Finger on the Pulse there Vic... cool.gif

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links