Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Decisions, Decisions...

bokkie

Next month the missus and I are going to Normandy/Brittany for a week. The decision is what car to take. We like the iQ for its compactness and park anywhere but we also like our new Polo for its overall comfort and superior economy. The iQ would scupper the missus' shopping because the small boot area would be plugged with a couple of suitcases and for general nipping around and stop/start driving the iQ almost seems to win the day but only just. The iQ has built-in satnav which the Polo does not but I'm more familiar with my pocket Garmin. Truth is, I could take either car and not be disappointed but then again, we've not "lived" in the iQ for long periods. Which way does the coin spin?

IQ hands down!

I think if you ask the same question in the Polo forum, you will get a bias answer towards the polo :)

IQ hands down!

I think if you ask the same question in the Polo forum, you will get a bias answer towards the polo :)

Barry, I wish it was so simple. It's a trade-off between several factors.

Comfort: Polo.

Economy: Polo (55mpg .v. 40mpg).

Nippiness: iQ.

Blind spot: alas, the iQ wins this dubious award.

Satnav: iQ wins.

Cool factor: iQ.

Parking: iQ.

Punctures: Polo (it has a spare wheel).

Manufacturer breakdown callout: iQ.

Boot space: Polo.

I drove into central London yesterday to pick up the missus. It took me about 1hr 20mins stop/start driving and the engine cutout/restart worked flawlessly. What was not so pleasant were the somewhat slippy leather seats and my legs and a$$ were feeling a bit saddle sore when I arrived. For long journeys, I know the Polo is better but the iQ pulls on the heart, no getting away from it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links