Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nasty Moment

johnan

Typical Friday 13th event.

I live in a rural area with not much traffic about and I was scooting along at about 60mph on a B road going round a slight left-hand curve when 5 big dogs, Dobermans I think, suddenly burst onto the road after "escaping" from their owners kennels on the right and starting running in all directions along the road in front of me.

I braked as hard as I could and at the same time I had to steer to try to avoid all the dogs.

The iQ coped wonderfully, with the brakes hard on (and I was really pushing hard on the pedal as you can imagine!)I was still able to steer normally and there was no wheel locking or instability.

Thankfully I missed the dogs but it was still a nasty experience.

If anyone had been following me too closely or coming in the other direction at that moment, I hate to think of the outcome.

I certainly tend to take things for granted on the roads and assume that the road round the next corner will be clear when in fact there could be a major obstruction waiting.Must learn from this!

Good old iQ anyway!

Glad you are ok, not too shaken I hope! I collected my IQ2 today nearly put it of till tommorow when I realised it was Friday the 13th, but all was ok :thumbsup:

Thanks for your concern ladies.

We were both quite shaken up by the experience and the "what ifs"..a bus or truck in our position would have wiped out all the dogs, and a motorcyclist encountering what we did would probably come off very badly, in more ways than one.

I think we, and the dogs, were very fortunate in no small part due to the iQ's abilities.

Hope you enjoy your new car Katy.Ours is fantastic, love it!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links