Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dog Mess Fall Girl Could Lose Eye

Raistlin

AC3445FA1B0DD852966BAE25DE5B.jpg

A toddler who fell in dog mess in a playground could lose the sight in one of her eyes, it has been reported.

Amiee Langdon, who will be two next week, put her hand down as she tumbled over, then wiped her left eye.

She was taken to hospital by her mother Suzanne, 29, from Fallowfield, Manchester, where tests confirmed she had picked up the infection toxocariasis, which is spread by dog dirt.

It resulted in optical lobe cellulosis, which can lead to blindness and even death if not treated within 72 hours.

Amiee, whose eye has been almost closed by the swelling, is being treated with three antibiotics at the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital. If medication does not work, surgeons may have to remove Amiee's eye to stop the infection spreading.

She was playing in a gated children's area of Platt Fields Park, Fallowfield, when the incident happened last week.

Her mother has appealed to "thoughtless" dog owners to clear up after their pets.

Paul Andrews, executive member for neighbourhood services at Manchester City Council, said: "I hope this extremely upsetting incident makes irresponsible dog owners understand the very real consequences of failing to pick up after their dogs.

"We are thinking about this little girl and her family and we hope she makes a speedy recovery."

I hope the little girl fully recovers from this.I also hope the irresponsible :censor: who left their dog mess for her or any other child to fall in is really happy with their action :ffs: :angry:

I sincerely hope that she makes it out of this with full eyesight and her life. But as for the dog owner, pat more attention to what you are doing, it could be you...

The Koreans have the right idea...

Safety on a plate thumbsup.gif

Don't you mean safely I don't know why I bother, you still have the edit button readily available... :rolleyes:

:lol:

Don't you mean safely I don't know why I bother, you still have the edit button readily available... rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif

No, I meant it would be safer to eat the dogs rather than risk the gross germs...

infection caused by dog faeces is a widespread problem - in parks and games pitches where things like rugby get played. It is a serious risk and unfortunately i don't think many dog owning faeces generators managers know about it.

Animal rights is one thing but when it goes the reverse I think animals and their owners should be destroyed - carefully of course to avoid cross-contamination.

I think animals and their owners should be destroyed

A little severe with the latter part... shutup.gif

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links