Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheel Problems

Chris81

Sorry, didn't know where else to post this as it's a car question, but not a Toyota one (it's about a 2002 Clio :help: )

When you jack up a front wheel, should it spin freely by hand? I'm sure all my previous cars have done this but with my gf's Clio, neither wheel turns (have jacked up the wheels seperately, not together) They rock back and forward a bit but won't turn.

2nd question... When going over potholes/bumps in the road, there's a metallic jingling noise (sounds like someone shaking their keys or a bag of spanners) coming from the nearside wheel. I've had ARBs and ARB bushes go on cars before but they cause more of a knock/clunk but this is like a chinking noise. Does anyone have any ideas?

Sorry, didn't know where else to post this as it's a car question, but not a Toyota one (it's about a 2002 Clio :help: )

When you jack up a front wheel, should it spin freely by hand? I'm sure all my previous cars have done this but with my gf's Clio, neither wheel turns (have jacked up the wheels seperately, not together) They rock back and forward a bit but won't turn.

2nd question... When going over potholes/bumps in the road, there's a metallic jingling noise (sounds like someone shaking their keys or a bag of spanners) coming from the nearside wheel. I've had ARBs and ARB bushes go on cars before but they cause more of a knock/clunk but this is like a chinking noise. Does anyone have any ideas?

You could try asking on here:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/

Good luck!

Sorry, didn't know where else to post this as it's a car question, but not a Toyota one (it's about a 2002 Clio helpsmilie.gif )

You could try asking on here:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/

Good luck!

It's good your here Red, the rest of us would have just ignored it till it fell off the bottom (of the page) laugh.gif

Assuming the car is out of gear both front wheels should spin without much resistance. You should only feel a light drag from the brake pads in contact with the disk. This applies to most cars even good old Toyotas. If there is unusual drag then there is either a brake or transmission problem.

The Clios have drop link arms on the end of the anti-rol bar. Should their bushes fail the retaining bolt will jingle and rattle. After-market replacements are available for around £6-00 a set and replacement is an easy DIY job assuming you have suitable tools. jack the offending side up - remove the wheel and have a looksee - nothing to lose eh!!

Personally I believe forums should be about helping each other out where possible.:)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links