Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 3 Custom Cold Air Box

KiwiMR2

Thought it might help inspire those of you who wanna do it :)

As it is most of the time:

DSC00865.jpg

With my Tom's Snorkel OFF:

DSC00866.jpg

And again:

DSC00870.jpg

Filter with panel off:

DSC00869.jpg

Panel off & filter off, just the box:

DSC00868.jpg

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Thanks for that Kiwi, I've got an Apexi induction kit on the way so I think I'll get to work on it :thumbsup:

Nice one fella .. that's a tom's scoop actually working then ?

Did you do anything to keep water off the filter? .. the A'pexi come with a metal shield to put over the top of the filter ..

Thanks for that Kiwi, I've got an Apexi induction kit on the way so I think I'll get to work on it 

Sweet....get some pics when it's done. We could get a sticky up with MR2 cold air boxes or something along the lines of that.

Nice one fella .. that's a tom's scoop actually working then ?

Did you do anything to keep water off the filter? .. the A'pexi come with a metal shield to put over the top of the filter ..

Yep...makes a noticeable difference too :) Nope nothing above the filter....I haven't noticed any water getting in there...even after it seems to have been pouring down when I get in there is basicly dry....and the rain here comes down horizontaily with the wind ;)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Nice piece of work there bud :). How much of a difference does it make - noticable?

i have the same setup on my n/a bar the toms scoop, main thing i used to find say messing round, your doing lots of mph for a while down a dual carrage way then there are a set of red traffic lights (such a oxford ring road) you stop. Then go to make off sharpish as your havin a dabble with what you think is a 1.9 bmw z3, and it completely bogs down and you almost stall :ffs: ,... it doesn't really matter as you then see said bm is an M not a 1.9 so really embarrasement saved, but anyway the bogging down was purely to it trying to suck damn hot air, with the shield no such problems. :thumbsup:

Nice piece of work there bud :). How much of a difference does it make - noticable?

Cheers :)

Basicly I noticed it a bit like heat soak.....when it was warm and the intake was sucking in hot engine air it obviously wouldn't respond as sharply, with the box and ram air via the snorkel It doesn't seem to get effected by the temp as much as before....but on a hot day the stock intercooler obviously counter acts it a bit.... even louder sucking sound now too....comming out of the snorkel + side vent :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links