Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

95 Camry Backup Lights Out

redman1118

bulbs are good; no current to lights with auto tranni in reverse.

Repair manual show's back up switch on top of manual transaxle. Isn't the same switch used on the automatic?

Car has multiple fuse clusters inside and in engine bay.

None are marked as backup lights (is one in front of engine bay drivers side) cluster marked "rdi".. thought maybe that stood for "read driving indicator" but the fuse is good.

Owners and repair manuals just show cluster locations. Can't find either a fuse or relay so far labelled as backup lights. All else electrical is working so maybe backup light's are on their own fuse?

Where's the fuse and what's the label on it's holder say?

Thanks in advance

Steve

The fuse shoule be the one marked "guages" but as this controls many items it is probably not the problem.

The switch is the one on top of the trans near the starter and sounds like it may be the culprit. This can be tested with an ohm meter-no continuity when the switch is up,and continuity when the switch is pressed.(Must be removed for testing).

The fuse shoule be the one marked "guages" but as this controls many items it is probably not the problem.

The switch is the one on top of the trans near the starter and sounds like it may be the culprit. This can be tested with an ohm meter-no continuity when the switch is up,and continuity when the switch is pressed.(Must be removed for testing).

Thanks Joe

That's the info I needed. Manual's not much help, thanks so much for yours.

Steve

So, this is the 2200 motor w/ auto trans. in this ' 95. Backup light switch location please .....

There's a 2 wire switch next on the outboard side of the pie shaped neutral safety switch bottom front of the transaxle.

Top of transaxle just has the starter, no screw in switches. The switch next to the neutral safety switch is hard to get to and I've not figgered out how to get the electrical connection loose from the switch to remove it yet. Am I correct the switch to the outside of the neutral safety switch is the backup light switch?

It appears from what I read, the manual trasaxle backup light switch is on top of transaxle next to the starter. Perhaps on the auto trans the backup light switch is part of the neutral safety switch or is it the one I see "outboard" side of the neutral safety switch .I guess I'm confused

Thanks

steve

• 5 months later...

If fuses and relays are fine, with the wires to the tarnny fine. Look in the boot and check the wires to the lights. In that particular model, with the family and friends who own simular models, as myself who has experienced the problems.

Those wires seem to always get caught near the boot arm and get cut off (something that toyota should design properly). But yeah...just wire the f :censor: kers up and they should be up and ready.

Hope i helped u, good luck :thumbsup:

Cheers mate.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links