Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Auris Won't Drive Or Dis-Engages Suddenly

aia

I live in the UK and have the new Toyota Auris 2010 (not the hybrid edition). I have only owned this car for 5 months now. I almost got ran over by a truck yesterday on the M25 when I was doing 70 MPH and my car suddenly disengaged from driving i.e. it stopped responding to the depression of the gas pedal. Thank God the truck driver noticed what was happening on time and quckly swerved to the right.

When I looked at the gear it was in the 'E' position (I own the Multi mode) meaning that it should be driving. However the display in the instrument panel showed neutral. I was in the centre lane of the M25 for approx 10mins before the car engaged again only after I have pushed it in and out of gear more that 30 times.

This happened again on the M4 in the middle of a very large round about with 6 exits (you can imagine how busy it was) and I was there for another 15mins with my hazard lights on. The worst was that I had every member of my family on board.(How dangerous). I couldn't call my Toyota centre as yesterday was Sunday and no one will take the call.

I turned to the manufacturers manual and the only relevant information was the one regarding the system check light that also come lite each time this ugly incident occurs. The book explained that the light means that the car was 'undergoing a system check' or similar thing. This is bull **** as it risked my life and thgose of my entire family.

When this happend the third time, again it was at a round about after I slowed down for the traffic so I decided to call AA in. They towed my car all the way home.

This experience have now make me begin to feel unsafe in my lovely Auris. I plan to call Toyota in Tomorrow morning to have a look (couldn't do it today as I was away from early hours of the day - thanks to the second Auris in the house)

Can I request a replacement of the car from toyota as this is only a 5month old car and now it is developing a deadly fault. I know they will fix it but what if it happens again. I pray the consequences will not be devastating if it does happen again. (Any advise will be appreciated)

Just to know if anyone has experienced this or am I alone?

• Like 1

I live in the UK and have the new Toyota Auris 2010 (not the hybrid edition). I have only owned this car for 5 months now. I almost got ran over by a truck yesterday on the M25 when I was doing 70 MPH and my car suddenly disengaged from driving i.e. it stopped responding to the depression of the gas pedal. Thank God the truck driver noticed what was happening on time and quckly swerved to the right.

When I looked at the gear it was in the 'E' position (I own the Multi mode) meaning that it should be driving. However the display in the instrument panel showed neutral. I was in the centre lane of the M25 for approx 10mins before the car engaged again only after I have pushed it in and out of gear more that 30 times.

This happened again on the M4 in the middle of a very large round about with 6 exits (you can imagine how busy it was) and I was there for another 15mins with my hazard lights on. The worst was that I had every member of my family on board.(How dangerous). I couldn't call my Toyota centre as yesterday was Sunday and no one will take the call.

I turned to the manufacturers manual and the only relevant information was the one regarding the system check light that also come lite each time this ugly incident occurs. The book explained that the light means that the car was 'undergoing a system check' or similar thing. This is bull **** as it risked my life and thgose of my entire family.

When this happend the third time, again it was at a round about after I slowed down for the traffic so I decided to call AA in. They towed my car all the way home.

This experience have now make me begin to feel unsafe in my lovely Auris. I plan to call Toyota in Tomorrow morning to have a look (couldn't do it today as I was away from early hours of the day - thanks to the second Auris in the house)

Can I request a replacement of the car from toyota as this is only a 5month old car and now it is developing a deadly fault. I know they will fix it but what if it happens again. I pray the consequences will not be devastating if it does happen again. (Any advise will be appreciated)

Just to know if anyone has experienced this or am I alone?

Post this up in the Auris forum and i'm sure you'll get a decent response , this is the general section and therefor won't be seen by many , sorry to hear you have had problems , i don't own the multi-mode version so i can't be of any help on this , as said post this up in the auris forum , good luck with it all .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links