Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

White Mr2?

Fizz

Seen a white fresh Import GTS with full jap history and only 55k on the clock at a decent price...

but its white... and you either like it or hate it from what i can tell..

what are your thoughts? ;)

I felt exactly the same way when I first saw mine. White was the last colour on my mind.

After checking out the car though I couldnt say no. I now actually rate it higher than a lot of colours I would have previously chosen over it.

Check out mine and see what you think. Since the pic was taken Ive replaced the side repeaters and corner lights with clears which suit the car much better.

109_0982.sized.jpg

One thing I would say though, rev 1 and 2 in white dont look that nice, rev 3 onwards look quite special :thumbsup:

I hear waht ya sayin.. and yours looks the business..

BTW

Im looking at a Rev 2!... lol :P

forgot to mention that this car im gonna check out has Rev 3 Rear lights.. :thumbsup:

White is nice....especially during twilight.

Go for it!!

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Yea as Snakeeater sez its only worth it if its a rev 3 onwards. The rev1/2 have SuperwhiteI and its just like any other white, rev3+ have SuperwhiteII which is muchmore special (as the pic above shows).

Can I be the first to jump on the negative bandwagon.

I personally dont like white cars and they are an ubik to keep clean.

Why have a white MR2 when you can have a red one.. **wink wink**

Because red fades like a bas*ard, white is OK and long as its looked after....look great with Veilside in white, what happened to the black one?

Because red fades like a bas*ard, white is OK and long as its looked after....look great with Veilside in white, what happened to the black one?

got soem interior shots of that black one.. and the gear stck and steering whell were worn a hell of a lot... a lot more than what the car said its done.. so i aint taking no risks..

he said that it looks like the wheel is from another car.. but the leather round the gear suround was worn so much it was shredded at the bottom of the stitchin!...

no way had that car only done 88,000 Km...! :censor:

So i am just gettin fed up with looking to import one.. im just gonna spend a little more monies and buy a grade 4 fresh import or a decent 2nd hand car.. :thumbsup:

Can I be the first to jump on the negative bandwagon.

I personally dont like white cars and they are an ubik to keep clean.

Why have a white MR2 when you can have a red one.. **wink wink**

lol.. I specificly told all the guys lookin for me not to tell me about 'Red' MR2's... :P :lol:

no offence.... :rolleyes:

Pic of the car

White, like black, looks amazing once its all polished and clean, especially at night and with good alloys like snakeeater has! My dads car is a white Carina E and its a total b****** to keep clean, but when it is clean and waxed it looks great. If you like taking karate lessons Mr. Miyage style then go for it :thumbsup:

Garrick used to have a white MR2 and he liked it that way.

It did seem like he cleaned it every other day to keep it looking good.

They are blinding in the sunlight. B)

I think white cars are annoying for keeping clean. I used to have a white celica and I don't wish to own a white car again.

Both white and black are great colours, white isn't that hard to keep clean....in my opinion black is a harder colour to keep clean......

Strange thing about white cars is that they look bigger.....check the pic below after I'd washed both of mine......the black car looks like a 2/3rd scale replica !!

zgroup%20pic.jpg

I like white.......and yes they do look great on those long summer evenings when waxed to perfection...but then so does black.........

Not much help really there was I :!Removed!:

Fizz, stick with black or maybe even silver but not white. :eek: You know it makes sense. :D

That is my own personal opinion for what its worth. :P

No offence meant to anyone who has a white toyota. :shutit:

Both white and black are great colours, white isn't that hard to keep clean....in my opinion black is a harder colour to keep clean......

Yup...white still looks clean even when its dirty lol my bro has a black car and it get a manky look much easier down the sides of the car. Altho white CAN drive you crazy trying to keep it clean cos youll notice the smallest little dots of dirt on the car if your an owner (you know..the dirt no one else notices but your). :wacko:

Strange thing about white cars is that they look bigger.....check the pic below after I'd washed both of mine......the black car looks like a 2/3rd scale replica !!

That'll be cause it's closer .. things have a habbit of looking bigger the closer they are mate :thumbsup:

That'll be cause it's closer .. things have a habbit of looking bigger the closer they are mate :thumbsup:

And i thought it was only me thinkin that way... :rolleyes: :D

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/s...dia?id=66274427 :D

Seems like i have started a bit od a debate here...

Thats the picture of the car im considering...

Im sure you are aware that i owned a lovely jet black Celica.. and trust me.. you cant keep it clean for more than 2 hours.. then any dust particles get drawn right to it!!! :ffs:

Andway.. Cheers for all ya imput..

I'll keep you lot informed of what develops... :thumbsup:

Ok then smart ***** :P ......here's another example.......when driving the white car you are more aware of the size of the car as you can see the white mirrors on either side out of the corners of your eyes......where as in the black car you don't and it feels like a smaller car....wierd....I know you have a black car.......go find someone with a white one and give it ago.........you'll see what I mean !!! :thumbsup:

Our Toy is white, as alot of peeps say it was the last colour we was looking for, the one downside we found apart from keeping her clean is that there are 4 shades of white, we had the bit's we put on painted by 2 poelpe and now are going to get her blown over in summer back to 1 shade :censor: and she doe's look bigger ( the car that is!! )

Just to chip in, I have a rev 2 white 2 and I think she is gorgeous! ;)

BUT, a real ***** to keep clean! Just get well aquainted with a sponge or the local jet wash!

red - just dont do it ;) ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

i wouldnt like a white car usually but i must admit supras, fto's and mr2s llok kinda nice in white :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links