Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Neen Your Advice

midnightride42

ok my friend has this 91 mr2 with 38,000 orig miles on it all stock turbo and all. ok he wants to make more power and so i told him i would check out some stuff for him sence he is older and not to good with upgrades and such.

he wants a blow off valve that dumps the unused boost in thet air so he can scare folks or other when he let of the gas or shifts gears but i know that on some vehicle doing this will make the car run ****ty or even shut off. ( what im saying is i know the car has a blow off valve stock but it dumps the unused boost back in the intake). we want the nice pssssssss sound but also reliability. he is older and doesnt want the car to break down just for some nice sound. so can anyone help with doing this slight mod to the vehicle.

also he wants to spent under 1000 bucks to increas the power in the car.so can someone on here give me a list with mods he can do to give him more power.

my suggestions were as follows:

new exhaut, bigger injectros and manual boost adjuster to squezze more out of the old one.

replacing the stock inercooler piping and intercooler.

or perhaps just a new turbo.

we want around 250 instead of 200 or 220 which ever it is.

basicallly more power but still stay stock internals and keep the car reliable and in good shape.

some of you tunner gurros know their stuff and we need some advice.

again- want the blow off valve to dump into the atmosphere for the sound - any recomendation on whre to get the kit would be nice

and

he s willing to put out up to 1000 bucks for more power with stock internals.

we want to shoot for about 250 to 300 horse.

andy help would be appreciated.

thanks andy

hum, spell check...

stock internals are good for 350 bhp and then only forged pistons are needed as the rods and crank are sound to around 600bhp mark when a HKS stroker kit is the only option and at £2500 doubt you want that.

Exhaust, filter, decat and uni chip as you'll see from other posts today can easily supply 270 to 300 bhp depending of revision of car. £1000 will buy you an exhaust and dastek chip.

Intercooler etc only need playing with over 300bhp.

ok does any one recommend a good exhaust ? i am guessing for that amount that is a complete replacement from headers back if not headers too right?

where can i get the chip and so on

can someone list the places and amount of money needed to aquire these items.thanks again.

if someone has these items for sale let me know too

thanks again

andy

Also what about the BOV . does any one have them dumping into the atmosphere? what kind and where can we get these to make the car run like it does now but have pssssssss sound.

i guess your not to familar with tuning japanese cars, proper chips not the supechip rubbish is costly £480 ish a blitz nur spec R exhaust manifold back £600 is, HKS dump valve £250, on rev1 cars recirc is recommended although people do run to attm, it can cause bore wash etc as on gear change it causes over fueling, browse round the forum.

take a look at Fensport

TDi power tuning

mtte

Full desc of the problem added to the top of the posts .. :thumbsup:

1k...hmm tell him to raise it to £1500 odd so you can get the following:

Mongoose zorst bout £350

Aussie de-cat pipe £250

Apexi Induction kit £130

HKS BOV £240

(plus labour to above)

Dastek Unichip £480(including labour)

Total 1400(give or take £80 as im giving max price figures..youd prolly get em cheaper)

Thisll give ye 270+bhp*270+lb/ft if your car is in condition...check Jimlads results..he is also running an atmo BOV on a rev1.

You will be able to run an atmo BOV as the Dastek is custom mapped and will correct the fuelling problem experienced in Rev1/2 with non-recirc BOVs

thanks for all the responses. i will let him know. by the way, you quotes you gave me are not in american dollars. does anyone know what that changes too or does it stay the same?

please let me know. thanks again. im sure he will be happy with the results.

andy

i have a hks bov... it goes PSSSHH!.. hah.. hmm... ohh yeah.. where can i get a unichip? do they distribute to the U.S.?

$1000 is WAAY less than £1500...

the dollar may be weak, but the stuff's still cheaper in the US try lookin at some sites in ur country.

I'll post some places l8r if u still need em. dont have links on hand atm.

also contact deatails for unichip.

Unichip of North America

(Distributor) USA Toll Free 866.643.7400

jack@unichip.us

ring them and they'll tell u were ur nearest dealership is.

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links