Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange Wires

rickers

this one has been bugging me for a while, I have a set of electrical wires go from under the drivers and passenger seat go into the floorpan.

car is Mark II import, see left! :ph34r:

no airbags, and according to info i found no seat belt tensioners either. but can't figure out what they are.

who can help? :hokus-pokus:

rickers

sorry wan't clear enough on this one. the wires actually go into both seats, haven't got seat heaters either., but i think they might be connected to a occupancy switch, but why?

rickers :ph34r:

seatbelt light ? The light on the dash goes off when I plug my belt in .. and there is a wire from the seat to the floor for this ..

seatbelt light ? The light on the dash goes off when I plug my belt in .. and there is a wire from the seat to the floor for this ..

This should be it. The only things that normally go INTO the seat are for the occupancy detector, for the motors that move the seats, and for the heating. If you don't have the last two then it could be first. Are they fairly thin wires? They should be if it's for the detector.

ejector seats cables?
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

My name is Bond, James Bond :ph34r:

thanks for all the help guys, but i have neither a dash light nor electric seats not heating. thats what i meant that it has been bugging me. obvously it is some sort of detector, but what. the cable as i remember are thinnish in a protective sheat. so detection sounds the most plousible. just wondering what it does.

rickers

just wondering what it does.

Normally there should be a connector either near the bottom of the seat or near the floor (to allow the seats to be removed without cutting the wires). Try disconnecting it and seeing if the seatbelt warning light still works or if anything else strange happens :lol:

thanks yannick, but no setabelt warning light :(

Are you abso sure you don't have tensioners, When I asked the same question, this is what they turned out to be. Maybe you've got them and they're broke, or maybe they are just standard seats used for cars with or without (common stock)

If its the same as the Gen 6, then you will have three wires going into the driver seat and two going into the passenger seat.

Having checked the wiring diagrams it appears to be for the "passive restraint system"

There is a solenoid on each of the front seatbelt reels which I imagine get locked in the event of an accident.

In the circuit there is a switch in each seatbelt buckle so that the solenoids only fire if the seat is occupied. One of the wires will be the switch input, the other the switch output. If you have the third wire it will be for the seatbelt warning on the dash. You may have a blown bulb if its not working, thats if it exists on your gen????

HTH

Steve

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links