Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Get Maximum Power Out Of My Glanza S?

Peter Moore

Hi...

i just bought a glanza S (non turbo) 1.3L and i was wondering how to get as much power as i can..

i have just bought an induction kit and fitted a back box.. is there anytin else i can du to make it more powerful?

this model is the 1998 model i hear they are 99 bhp. i would like 120bhp if possible?

Hi...

i just bought a glanza S (non turbo) 1.3L and i was wondering how to get as much power as i can..

i have just bought an induction kit and fitted a back box.. is there anytin else i can du to make it more powerful?

this model is the 1998 model i hear they are 99 bhp. i would like 120bhp if possible?

oh yeah i forgot to say i know about remvovin the cat and putting a decat pipe .. and changing the mani fold.. is there anyting else?

Be careful removing too much restriction from the exhaust as with it being an N/a it will lose power

Best thing to do, handling and braking first!!!!

Wouldn't push for too much power, if you wanted power you should have got a proper glanza

The Glanza S Should be around the 102bhp mark due to different ecu and intake manifold. That wiki gives a lot of wrong info (the 4efte should hit 60 in 6.9 seconds not 8.3)

cheers... i cant get a proper glanza for a while because im only 17 .. i know there only 1.3 on the log book but if i get caught im scerwed.. yano

im tinking of changing the piston rings should give it more power than it has now

What? The piston rings won't do anything. And if you are only 17 learn to drive before increasing the power. I hope you are declaring mods to insurance?

really ...? i was told they would.. tanks for the advice iam learing at the moment haha..im jus cleaning the car up for when i sell it on

Piston rings will only help the power if the old ones are knackered, Essentially all they do is scrape the oil off the cylinder wall.

You should always declare modification, and you should wait until you are old and experienced enough to handle such high power in a car. I have a GTi but I have left it pretty well standard when it comes to the the engine. 130BHP is a good bit of fun, and 102BHP in a Glanza will be more than enough for now.

It's easy to get into the idea of having more power, but get comfortable with what you have right now before you go crazy. :thumbsup:

Have you actually had an insurance quote?

A lad I know whose just passed his test and 17 can't get insured on pretty much anything for less than £3k (we're talking 1 litre Puntos, Saxos, Corsa's etc)

yeh im insured... ya see glanza S are down on the tax book as a standard starlet 1.3 .. insurence is only 1250 for me ... its not on my own pollicy tho.. im getting my own soon ... and tanks 102bhp should be grand tanks for the advice and the piston rings great help and ya just saved me loads of money haha

**cough**group insurance**cough** damn this Flu! Makes me blurt out useful information at times! :laughing:

Seriously... brings the price right down to the hundreds.

**cough**group insurance**cough** damn this Flu! Makes me blurt out useful information at times! :laughing:

Seriously... brings the price right down to the hundreds.

hahahahahaha tanks!

• 6 months later...

If only I could get all of the politicians here in New Zealand to read all you sensible people - so they stop crushing cars.

• 1 month later...

Defiantly go for the fte inlet and tb mate.! Needs abit of work but much better gain then a rolla mani.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links