Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Upgrading Car On Finance?

PumpkinSteve

Hey all,

I've read about people 'upgrading' their car, what I mean is trading in their car (1 or 2 year old etc...) for a newer model and keeping the same or similar repayments. Can anyone tell me about this? I've had my Aygo for 6 months and I'm interested in possibly trading it in when it reaches 1 year old, for either a Yaris or Auris.

I have my Aygo on PCP, I put down a £1500 deposit and have the finance over 3 years if this makes any difference.

Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey all,

I've read about people 'upgrading' their car, what I mean is trading in their car (1 or 2 year old etc...) for a newer model and keeping the same or similar repayments. Can anyone tell me about this? I've had my Aygo for 6 months and I'm interested in possibly trading it in when it reaches 1 year old, for either a Yaris or Auris.

I have my Aygo on PCP, I put down a £1500 deposit and have the finance over 3 years if this makes any difference.

Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks!

I did this years ago on one my Carina's. Best to go and have a word with your local dealer but be upfront and tell him that it's not gonna happen now, you are just enquiring.... they will appreciate the honesty.

I spoke to the dealer today, they are willing to give me only £500 less than I owe on the Aygo which is not bad, I can make up the extra £500 myself and start from scratch. They have a Yaris SR (the same car I used to have and regretted selling) for £7499 which they have reserved for me until I'm able to see them...I don't particularly dislike the Aygo but it's world apart from the Yaris. I'm crossing my fingers for everything going okay with the finance etc.

:)

Not sure yet, I have to go to see the dealer early next week. They've been trying to sort out the finance, I thought it would be difficult given the £500 negative equity but I heard from them yesterday that it's been approved and all is well. I'm hoping the ride isn't going to be too hard on this one as my previous Yaris had 15" wheels and softer suspension, I don't like hard rides at all.

To tell the truth it's been over a year since I sold my old Yaris SR and I've regretted it every since, it was the first new car I bought. I don't even remember why I sold it, I never had any complaints about it.

P.S. This one has had one owner (08 Reg) an has only 17,000 miles on so not too high :)

Great. Don't forget to change your avatar when u get the new beast will you! :)

I changed my mind, saw this at an excellent price:

b1cb579c.jpg

1.8SR 3DR, one owner and low mileage. Drove all the way to Manchester to see it today and it was immaculate, not a single scratch or mark, the dealership had reduced it from £8495 to £7295. I'm picking it up on Friday :D

Do you think I can get my deposit back on the black SR?

As much as I liked the black one, it seems to be missing a lot of features from the 2007 model that I had and the 1.8 SR has everything.

I phoned them about it, they were in a right old huff :rolleyes: they shouldn't have advertised a car that they don't have yet, they've had it listed on their site for a week or so but they aren't getting it in stock until next week. I asked "is my deposit refundable?" and got in reply "I'll ask, bye" (hangs phone up)...not a very good attitude to have, I do hope they return my deposit though.

The Blue one does look much nicer than the Black one :drool: .Not sure if your deposit is refundable though.Does it say anything on the paperwork about a "cooling off" period at all?

The Blue one does look much nicer than the Black one :drool: .Not sure if your deposit is refundable though.Does it say anything on the paperwork about a "cooling off" period at all?

There was no paperwork, I didn't even go to the dealership because they didn't have the car in stock. I saw it listed on the Toyota website and I enquired about it, I put the deposit down last Thursday on a viewing basis only, not to buy i.e. put the deposit down, go and see the car when it is in stock just in case I wanted it. They asked me for a deposit, it wasn't my idea.

I think I'm entitled to a refund because there was no paperwork signed and I didn't agree to buy the car, I only asked to see it.

I did phone the guy yesterday and when he realised it was me he said he was suddenly busy and then did not call me back. He was very rude, it's unprofessional and there's nothing to say I wouldn't have bought a car from them in the future before they started this behaviour.

Poor salesman, he's lost the commission that he was going to use to buy a pint at the weekend so of course he's peeved :ffs: BUT as you say, there was always the chance that you could have bought something from them in the future.

It's not just in the motor trade I fear, customer service and politeness seems to have all but disappeared from a great number of retail outlets, from the gossiping salesgirls in department stores (if you can find someone to help that is) to the lack of a guy to pump your petrol for you..... Despite being 'over the top' sometimes, we could do well to take a leaf out of the American/Canadian customer service handbooks!

Despite being 'over the top' sometimes, we could do well to take a leaf out of the American/Canadian customer service handbooks!

Couldn't agree more.The American customer service that I have always recieved in the past has always been 2nd to none.From the "greeter" at the door to the checkout and everybody in between,nothing ever seems to be too much trouble :thumbsup:

Trying to stay a bit on topic,I looked at Aygo (too small),Auris and Yaris models at the local dealer last night and came away very impressed with the interior styling and room for a small car.Boot space apart,I must admit I could be very tempted when I need to replace the Corolla.

I have done exactly this, changed my car while on finance which was PCP. Got money back on the Aygo I had which was put towards the deposit for my new car (Auris 2.0 D4D). It's dead easy to change over, just a lot of paperwork you have to sign when you go in to pick up your new car.

Right, sorted everything with a blue 1.8 Yaris as mentioned on the previous page (not the same one, that deal fell through...long story). I negotiated a £500 discount, free mats, 6 months free road tax plus a full tank of petrol in addition to 12 months MOT and a full service. I also bought a two-year extended warranty at a discounted price to go on top of the 1 year used approved warranty, took the car for a good test drive and I'm very happy with it, it has only 14,000 miles at 3 years old and still feels tight like a new car.

Picking it up next Friday morning as it's the soonest I'm off work :yahoo:

P.S. The dealer was Myers & Bowman in Cumbria, very highly recommended from me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links