Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Support You're Club

s m smith

Have you seen the link to support you're club, makes you laugh when you have moderators that are not paid up members

Surely all Mods pay their subscription,

After all with the money they get paid to do the job £15.00 a year is nothing... :ffs:

Oh dear Simon!

As a moderator on here I feel that I should point out to you that it is "SUPPORT YOUR CLUB" and not the mis-spelt "SUPPORT YOU'RE CLUB" as you have titled your Topic.

I am sure if you asked one of the overworked moderators nicely they would correct your error!! :P ;) :lol:

Glad to see that you support your club! :thumbsup:

Have you seen the link to support you're club, makes you laugh when you have moderators that are not paid up members

I'm the manager and not a paid up member .............................and your point is?

Surely all Mods pay their subscription,

After all with the money they get paid to do the job £15.00 a year is nothing... :ffs:

You are absolutely right, I was going to double their salary but I will have to reconsider this now.

I'm the manager and not a paid up member .............................and your point is?

Lead by example ?

Why do you have such a huge problem with this?

If I had the choice between having a complete twat who paid the subscription to be a mod, or a good guy who does the job properly and with good grace but he hasn't paid, I'd go with the good guy!

I'd rather have a forum that is run properly than paid and run badly by twats.

In fact you can help support it by attending meets, maybe that would be a good idea?

Why do you have such a huge problem with this?

In fact you can help support it by attending meets, maybe that would be a good idea?

And attending meets pays for what ?

My point is the minuscule fee is a commitment, not everyone can attend meetings even if we liked, my wife is suffering with cancer so I spend all my free time at home with her.

I do not have the luxury of being able to attend although I would love to.

You pay your subs, why did you do it...

It was to support TOC and the same here and with many others but if the people that run it don't care enough to pay why ask anyone to.

Rant over :thumbsup:

Not this ridiculous arguement again....

There is more than 1 way of supporting a club.... subs, donations, promoting the club at meets etc....

Nobody is being forced to take out a subscription...

By attending meets it is not a financial contribution that you make. You show people that TOC is a club open to many personalities and ideas, a club where people can meet and have a good time online and in person.

It is reputation building which could prove to be financially beneficial when new people sign up and become supporters.

I am deeply sorry to hear about your wife and her cancer, however that statement applied to many others broadly and not you specifically. ;)

Anyone can attend meets if they want, anyone can pay the subscription.

What you have to ask yourself though, is if TOC was made into a site where you must pay for membership, would you join?

Not many people would find it to be worth the money which is a shame as I certainly do. Many people don't understand what effort goes into building, running, managing and supporting a club/forum entails, so they do not put in the necessary effort and support.

I now run my own club/forum, and something I was fairly surprised at was the cost and the time it takes to set everything up. I have to spend a lot of time making adjustments to the forums and website, and arranging other things as a side to the forum. People just don't get what goes into it and we can't expect them to. Especially seeing as the club owners very rarely shows his face to explain what he does. :lol:

Lead by example ?

I do lead and have done for some time now I have also paid subs many times over by without recompense.

I used to send stickers out to members, paying out of my own pocket but stopped that when no one even had the courtesy to even acknowledge receipt.

Every JAE I have organised cost me at least £50, CAE cost me more than that due to inconsiderate members not turning up after ordering food which I had to pay for.

The club has never paid me any money as I have always done things for the members who support this club in many ways, not necessarily financial either.

If you don't like the way this club is run and have an issue with unpaid moderators not paying subs......TOUGH!!!!! you will have to live with it.

It's a shame that you mistook my concern with people not paying to support as a criticism, I want to see this club go from strength to strength and I only suggested that people pay to keep it going.

I know that running a forum is not cheap and there are lots of things that people do without financially contributing, but for the vast majority who don't help out in other ways I don't think a small payment is too much of an ask.

I appreciate all that the club does and the work that Mods do but this forum can't survive on fresh air, So if I offended anyone by my manner I apologise no malice was meant.

I just feel passionate about this place as over the last few years it has given sanctuary when I needed to get away from my all too real every day life.

Children! Children! :nono:

Let's all be nice to each other, or you're going to bed without supper or Tele :yes::angel_not: :D

Let's all be nice to each other, or you're going to bed without supper or Tele :yes::angel_not: :D

I'm always nice and I always pay for services that I want :thumbsup:

I'm always nice and I always pay for services that I want :thumbsup:

We know! :yes: The Red Light area of Surrey would flounder without your continued support :sneaky2: :lol2:

I find it hard to play nice when I have Flo <_<

That is understandable :yes: :D

Do you have her often? :rolleyes::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links