Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Tyres !

Jimlad

Got some Bridgestone SO3's on the rear the other day. The Toyos were completely dead after 5 months.

I mean totally dead, are these known for high wear rate ??

I know the SO3's are good... but they were bluddy expensive !!

Also for putting wheels back on.. how much torque ??

Thanks.

Not sure about the torque settings for the wheels, I'll look in my handbook tomorrow and let you know. Incidentially, how much were the tyres? For a standard car, I've seen them for £92 fronts, £122 rears (15" 195 & 225).

No probs. Generally, I gust tighten them up as much as I can by hand, then finish off by resting my weight on the end og the wrench. Don't go too tight though, these are alloys which are somewhat softer than steel rims.

let us know what they're like. i have pirrelli pzero nero on at the mo but they're about dead after only about 2500-3000 miles :eek::help: :o . i can get yoko's for about 65-70 quid (205/40/17) but the bridgestone's sound good

I've got some Bridgestones on the rear - can't remember the designation - not S02's or S03's etc. Been on for 12,000 miles so far and plenty of tread left... TBH I don't want untra soft tyres that wear woen in 5,000 too expensive for that!!

i got toyos on at the moment, rear tread is almost non-existant! :o Bridgestone so2's were arguably the best tyre an mr2 could have with the best balance of grip/tread wear. so3's should be damn good too then me thinks :ph34r:

SO3's are good, but not up to the standard of the SO2's .. 'stone know they have dropped the ball and I've heard on the grape-vine than SO4's are not long comming ..

yeah... I did actually try to get SO2's, but the guy couldn't get any from anywhere.

Toyos are good tyres, but man they wear very fast !

ive had goodyear eagle f1's on the back for about 4 months and they still look brand new. hardly any tread gone and i do drive em hard too.

in my opinion worth every expensive penny :thumbsup:

Toyos are good performace tyres, but part of what makes them good is the fact they are quite a soft rubber compound, which means they wear quite quickly :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links