Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got A Quote On An Mr2 Turbo.

Funkadelic

Dunno. Probably just a jammy git.

My mate reckons he's had a quote of £1600 (to nearest hundred) on an MR2 T Bar Turbo...

He's 19 with 2 years NCB. I just can't see how it's possible, but he might have got lucky. It does happen.

760* for ten months of the year. I have to renew after that so it may go up a bit, but then hopefully the coming of ripe old age (well, 21) and a years NCB will help even it out a bit again.

20, male, pass plus, 0 NCB (although pass plus effectively gives me a years NCB for nothing), 0 convictions, friendly postcode, car parked on drive, mods declared, thatcham 1 alarm and immob, and I'm the policy holder. It's TPFT by the way.

I've done an advanced driving course too, which I always mention but I don't think it makes a difference.

Unfortunately, it is an import. That makes it group 18, apparently. I don't ask too many questions as long as the price is right though!

It may be the case that Pass Plus only makes a difference on the first policy - I was insured under my old mans name before I last had to get insurance. That was on a 1.6 litre Golf :lol:

I took the policy out when I had just turned 20.

Good luck :thumbsup:

By the way, the amount of grief I had trying to get the people on the other end of the phone (admittedly English isn't their first language) to get my details correct meant it ALMOST wasn't worth the effort.

Better make it a pint of coke mate - I'm a boring f*cker who doesn't drink. Cor - I might even save you money on the drink too!!! ;)

hi funkadelic,

im with norwich union too had same problem with none

english call centre didnt understand my Tsport has standard

alloys kept telling me it woz a mod i gave up in the end,

they are cheap paid £430 full comp with mods.

kimi :rolleyes:

hi funkadelic,

im with norwich union too had same problem with none

english call centre didnt understand my Tsport has standard

alloys kept telling me it woz a mod i gave up in the end,

they are cheap paid £430 full comp with mods.

kimi :rolleyes:

what specific numebr are you guys ringing? :blink:

just tried them. Apparently i need to be at least 21 to insure a group 15 car. Bugger.

Is there anyone here with a group 15 car, and my age who has got insurance?????

Well I'm not 21 and mine's apparently 18... Even if it's not, it's most definitely 15.

For those that don't know, Norwich Union have moved to India to cut costs :D

just rang them up for a qoute on a MR2 Tubby.. and since im under 25 they wont insure me...bahh...

Im 25 in May.... she told me to wait till then.. lmao :lol: yeah.. right... :P

+ she was scottish.. not from abroad???

??? scottish?

Did you ring the same number?

nope...

i rang 0800 0929564 off the Norwich Union Website...

PASS PLUS only brings your insurance down for the first year, usually after doing your driving test you can take your pass plus straight after then go for insurance, which I did.

I don't think you can take a PASS PLUS anytime after your driving test to bring your insurance down, although I might be wrong

Kev :)

how about this, 21years old and 4 years NCB.... mr2 turbo for £680 from tesco. (3rd party fire and theft)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links