Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange Jolting

Debz

I have had this happening a couple of times and dont know what it is. When am accelerating at low revs sometimes I get this jolt, almost like power is lost momenterily and then rushes back into it. It also happened on a dual carriageway the other day when she wouldnt go above 60, there wasnt really a jolt, but again like I couldnt get the power, but then after a few minutes she was fine :(

Any ideas??

You could try putting some STP or similar injecter cleaner in the tank? Might be a cheap fix. :)

check the eletrics .. MR2 eat plugs, leads and dizzy caps ..

the electrics your talkin about is that around where the spark plugs are? is that something different?

injector fluid, is that just a a hlafords jobbie??

You need to get your plugs out and have a look.

And then have a look in your dizzy cap for corrosion .. (replace the rotor arm at the same time) ..

New HT leads (from the dizzy to the plugs) are also a bonus ..

It's the problem with having an "open" engine lid .. all the water gets in ..

Yup I had the exact same problem as you m8 basically misfiring under load..like a bucking effect. You will do well to follow bibbs advice especially if you havent replaced the electrics since buying the car. Remeber..

rotor arm = £8

Dizzy = £35

Sparks =£15

and you can fit em yourself very easy to do!

Your HT leads should be ok but hey...you know you want some phat 8.5mm Magnecors eh eh? :D

You best do this quick m8 for your own sake or it WILL die on you. The components are on thier last legs if its already bucking under load. Otherwise make sure you got AA cover including towback youll need it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links