Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Idle Speeds

Cyker

Just curious; What's your car's idle speeds? i.e. if you select a gear and then take your foot off the accelerator, what speed does it stabilize at?

'53 Yaris D4D

1st - 4-5mph (depends on cold or hot)

2nd - 8mph

3rd - 13mph

4th - 20mph

5th - Aborted at 26mph, probably Stall

Just curious; What's your car's idle speeds? i.e. if you select a gear and then take your foot off the accelerator, what speed does it stabilize at?

'53 Yaris D4D

1st - 4-5mph (depends on cold or hot)

2nd - 8mph

3rd - 13mph

4th - 20mph

5th - Aborted at 26mph, probably Stall

Is this from a standing start; decelerating from 120mph; and are you trying to compare a Yaris with other cars?

My number 1 RAV4 is set to idle at 1100rpm and the gearing is as original so in 1st gear it will trundle along slowly....

or are you just wanting a comparison with Yarii ? :lol:

Not from a standing start or decelerating, but just as I said in the post.

For instance, if you were in slow-ish moving traffic, you'd presumably pick a gear close to the prevailing speed of the traffic rather than running along in 1st/2nd with the engine screaming all the way, and I'm curious how low speeds those gears can safely go.

I'm not just curious about yarisseses (Although I would be interested to see the idle speeds of the 1.3, 1.33 and 1.0 (3 and 4 pot) as part of the overall curiousness :)), but the various rolla's, ravs, avensis, hilux, whatever you've got.

Heck, doesn't even have to be a Toyota! :lol:

I always thought the idle speeds (and by extension, shifting points) are fairly similar across cars, but after what I've read in a few other threads, plus my dad's Focus (Which has freaky gearing) I'm wondering if that actually is the case!

Not from a standing start or decelerating, but just as I said in the post.

For instance, if you were in slow-ish moving traffic, you'd presumably pick a gear close to the prevailing speed of the traffic rather than running along in 1st/2nd with the engine screaming all the way, and I'm curious how low speeds those gears can safely go.

I'm not just curious about yarisseses (Although I would be interested to see the idle speeds of the 1.3, 1.33 and 1.0 (3 and 4 pot) as part of the overall curiousness :)), but the various rolla's, ravs, avensis, hilux, whatever you've got.

Heck, doesn't even have to be a Toyota! :lol:

I always thought the idle speeds (and by extension, shifting points) are fairly similar across cars, but after what I've read in a few other threads, plus my dad's Focus (Which has freaky gearing) I'm wondering if that actually is the case!

well our JCB515-40 at idling speed doesn't move - hydraulic transmission. Full throttle is 12.4mph.

Then the Previa is automatic and will crawl along happily depending on how much brake you use.

I have a landrover 1963 model which at idle speed was incredibly slow. Even at full throttle it was incredibly slow :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links