Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Very Loud Noise From Rear When Driving

jazzym

hi, my mr2 2001 has started to make a VERY LOUD noise from the rear when driving(grinding rattling etc) i have no idea what it is but i do not want to drive it like this but i would like some idea of what it may be and costings for repair. could it be drive shaft or something else very serious? PLAES HELP ME...THANKS LUKE

Does the noise get slightly louder when you go round corners? Maybe more when going either left or righthuh.gif

It may be a wheel bearing that has broken up unsure.gif

Does the noise get slightly louder when you go round corners? Maybe more when going either left or righthuh.gif

It may be a wheel bearing that has broken up unsure.gif

no mate it is very loud when driving in straight line also.this is why i am worried it may be something far more serious.It is only when moving not when stationary (then it is as quiet as normal) any futher advice appreciated,Luke

If it is very loud under all driving styles then don't drive it at all. Simply get it to a garage huh.gif

I am wondering if you have a universal joint that is on its way out unsure.gif

If it is very loud under all driving styles then don't drive it at all. Simply get it to a garage huh.gif

I am wondering if you have a universal joint that is on its way out unsure.gif

Well thanks for the advise.I hope that is what is wrong as it should be cheaper to have fixed than drive shaft as I thought it may be (however I know next to nothing about car mechanics). I pray you are correct.Many thanks.Any further suggestions are welcomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!luke

Did you remember to untie the girlfriend from the back bumper? :yahoo::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links