Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cam Shafts...........

midmotorsteve

Well trying to figure out what to order, cost wise HKS, BLITZ, TODA all the same bar pennys So what lift / duration do i want for my weekend / trackday 1992 3sge, the 3sgte cams are fine between the two engines.

Been told someone whith the uk's most powerfull N/A had HKS 272's and they threw out the valve seat..... try, false, likely / unlikely...

With less lift / less duration this should be less likely... so 264 better bet? these are what i've found, what should i go for?

HKS Camshafts:

3SGTE

2202-RT061, Intake, 256 Duration, 9.0 lift,

2202-RT062, Exhaust, 256 Duration, 9.0 lift,

2202-RT063, Intake, 264 Duration, 9.2 lift,

2202-RT064, Exhaust, 264 Duration, 9.2 lift,

2202-RT065, Intake, 272 Duration, 9.4 lift,

2202-RT066, Exhaust, 272 Duration, 9.4 lift,

Blitz Camshafts (3SGTE):

13521, 3SGTE Intake, 264/9.12mm,

13522, 3SGTE Exhaust, 264/9.12mm,

i'm thinking the BLitz maybe the best but availablity in the uk maybe hard so HKS 264 9.2s????

Hi steve, I'm not 100% sure on ur questions about the camshafts, so this is a bit off topic- but i LOVE your wheels. What kind are they? Where did you get them, and how much?

Cheers

hi i dont know too much about 3sge but know a bit about 4age (the g series heads should be fairly similar)

its the the amount of lift that may possibly throw out a shim so dont go too wild check ont what the smallest shim toyota make is and try and work out (taking the clearance into acount) how much lift you can run without major mods (i.e shim under buckets then you can run any lift)

to much duration will give insuficient inlet manifold pressure (airflow meter wont opperate properly) so with standard ecu on 4age u cant run more than 265degrees(if you are running a aftermarket ecu this is not a problem)

also check out piper and kent cams as these specify if you need any other mods and the power gains you should see they are also ground from new billet so are g quality

n a tuning is expensive and you need to decide how far you want to go in advance otherwise you will pay big bucks at every corner

consider a gas flowed head and programable ecu

i think your choice of blitz 264 is good not to excesive

there is a lot of info on 4age cams at www.billzilla.org (car tech section)

www.club4ag.com (tech reference camshafts)

:hokus-pokus:

Had a look for piper or kent and it looks like they don't make them for the 3sge. If they do can someone point me to a site?

Also any other makes, HKS and Blitz are a bit expensive..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links