Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electric Windows

Bobbin

:help: I have had my 1990 T-Bar UK N/A MR2 for about 6 months and love it to bits! :P Only problem now is the drivers window has died on me! :ffs: The window just drops, the motor seems to be ok , just all the fixings are bust! Currently the window is propped up with wooden inserts in the door, spoke to a local mechanic who wants £200 to fix it. Can this be done by myself or do I have to get a mechanic to do it? If I can do it, where can I get parts and things for it? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance. :D

You should be able to do this yourself, though it is quite a complicated job. I presume you're regulator is knackered?? Space is tight on an MR2, but it is possible (I've had the unit out before). You just have to approach it carefully and logically. I would recommend that you romove the door panel first and identify what is broken. Don't dissassemble until you have a replacement part. You should be able to get something from Club MR2 on 0845 458 2108. Since you've not done this before, I would perform the task over a weekend, just to be sure.

Not sure what is broken and what works, your right it is !Removed! tight in there. Would it not be easier to get all new bits, or second hand bits and start again? :huh:

Second hand bits would be far cheaper, as long as they are in good condition. The guys at club MR2 can supply decent second hand parts. If you investigate carefully, there is no reason why you should have to replace everything. If you can identify how the system works, you should be able to figure out what is wrong. My money is on the window lifter (or regulator as it is more commonly called)...... I have a diagram for this too, if you provide me with your address, I will be able to send......

Common fault.

Also try Patrick/Matt at Roguesystems, thats where i got mine from.

All the lugs on the regulator shear off.

Me and a mate changed mine in a couple of hours.

A bit fiddly but doable.

Russ

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links