Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Size For 16's

Bobbin

Notice alot of posts for 14's 15's and 17's, not alot for 16's. Can anyone recommend the best size tyre and what make of tyre, I need to get boots for all corners, great that'll be cheap! :crybaby:

good choice of size by far the best comprimise for the mr2

front 205/45

rear 225/45

i'm running 245s at rear and 225s on front, although sooner to be 215 at front. seems pretty good

This was asked not long ago ..

16's are an odd size and the tyres about a fiver more expensive than 17's ..

and Goodyear F1's/Bridgestone SO?'s seemt o be the fave .. Toyo Proxies are good too, but appear to be rather soft and don't last long ..

hmmm yeah, had a scary incident with my mr2 last night with toyos on. Was waiting at the traffic lights at a big junction and my friend wanted to see some boostage so i let it all out in 1st then 2nd then 3rd...then i came to a very wide, almost straight corner so i turned the wheel a tad and then all hell broke loose! back totally slipped out, counteracted it, back slipped opposite way, counteracted it again, slipped out again..yet another counteract and then once again for good measure..meanwhile we're getting closer and closer to a parked van! luckily i got control of it before i hit..definately dont wanna do that again lol.

Mind you the back tread is almost gone, less than 3mm left in tread i think. the tyres were at correct pressure though. I think i'm gonna get SO3's on 16's when it comes to replacing the whole lot. The best thing about toyo proxes though is the amazing grip they have in the wet, even with my lack of tread at the back, the grip felt really solid :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links