Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Type R Or T Sport?

ROSS KELLY

MOST PEOPLE SEEM TO GO FOR TYPE R FOR PERFORMANCE WHICH DO U THINK IS BEST NO FAVOURITISM

I've been looking at both cars now for almost 6 months. After a few test drives

Civic Type R

Faster then Corrolla tsport,

Handling a lot better,

Corrolla T Sport

Ride is more comfortable due to softer suspension, and higher ride height

If you like fast but smooth, comfortable cars i'd stick to the Corrolla,

If you want fast, sporty handling i'd go for the Civic

Personally i am saving up for the Civic Type R, as i value performance more than comfort :D

dangerous question to be asking around these parts ross!

hope you've got your riot sheild ready :lol: :P

i've a cts and due to the vagueries of our company car scheme(long story) it's a cheap car to have. it's pretty quick, it has decent a/c , it's comfy , has an above average stereo and five doors. so room enough for nipper, speed when you need/ want it and it's practical.

I drove a ctr recently in fact on monday and whilst i suppose it's faster ( the cts is still quite breathtaking once you get it going) it looks like a cartoon car, no ac as std, crap stereo, harder work to drive, three door and more money.

depends what you want but for a practical car with a bit of pace the cts is a great deal

I am a Honda fan but currently own a Corolla Sportivo in AUstralia which is the equivalent of the CTS, due to the practicality and affordability. If i had "a bit" more cash i would have definitely gone for the Integra Type (no Civic Type R in Australia, same motor though). But that is quite a fair bit more cash i would say and the practicality would basically go down the drain. Comfort would be a problem too with those racy Recaros in the Type R. But for sheer performance i would go for the Type R.

Zee :lol:

Wait for the supercharged TTE Corolla T Sport; 228bhp @ 7800rpm, that's going to hit the Type R out of the park! :D

This has always been a very interesting debate CTR v CTS in my own personal opinion both these Hot Hatches go about there business in very different manners. The Civic rolls out the showroom ready for the track with its bucket seats and hard suspension set up. The only luxury is the air con, which you have to pay the privilege for. All in all you have to say the Type-R is far more aimed towards the enthusiast than the Toyota in standard form.

Having said all that the Toyota 1.8 2G-ZZ VVTLI engine is out of this world, packing a very respectable 192BHP but Toyota’s version of iVtec “LIFT” is a lot more pronounced than the Honda equivalent. Unfortunately this does mean it is down on Torque though, meaning you must keep the needle over 6200RPM to use it to its full potential.

Standard kit on the Toyota includes, Traction Control, ABS, Active Stability Program, Acitve Brake Distribution, Climate Control and 4 Air Bags.

I have just had my CTS lowered by 30mm and it has transformed the cars handling no end, I always knew it was fast enough after running a standing ¼ mile in 14.8 seconds but now it can back that up on the back road with much better road holding.

Nick :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links