Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bloody Hell You Guys Are Slow...

TheNissanMan

Toyota have annunce they are allegedly launching the new electric Hybrid car the Volta and no posts on here for a new toyota mid engine sports car with 408bhp...

Whats happened since I left ???

write up as follows.....

Hybrid technology does not have to be boring -- that's the message Toyota aims to deliver after teaming up with an Italian auto designer.

The Toyota Volta hybrid-powered coupe combines innovative Japanese technology with Italian flair. Toyota gave Italdesign-Giugiaro its latest hybrid engine, which is destined for the Lexus RX400.

Italdesign created a 4300mm long coupe and named it after Alessandro Volta, the Italian scientist who invented the electric Battery.

The Volta has a total output of STET/408hp from a combination of an internal combustion engine and two electric motors mounted on the front and rear axles. The car can reach a top speed of 250kph and accelerates from 0 to 100kph in 4.06 seconds.

"The hybrid engine can provide great power and great performance, so I tried to pen a body that would express this dynamism," said Fabrizio Giugiaro, head of Italdesign's styling and model division, who was responsible for the Volta's look.

The Volta is no gas-guzzler. It can travel 700km on just 7.5 liters of gasoline.

There are no transmission shafts or exhaust tubes that need a central tunnel in the car since the 3.3-liter V-6 engine is mounted near the rear axle.

This allowed Italdesign to design a car with a flat floor that has room for three passengers in a coupe that is slightly narrower than 2 meters.

Italdesign, in addition to the styling, added a carbon-fiber chassis and racing-style front and rear suspensions.

Toyota supplied the entire hybrid propulsion system.

Brembo provided its ceramic composite-material brakes

volta.gif

i spotted this in a few car mags

i spotted this in a few car mags

and didnt think to post it on the toyota owners club :rolleyes:

just cant get the staff these days

i saw that in a mag i was flicking through in ASDA about 2 hours back! but didnt have the cash to buy it :( must go back because it had details of a new toyota tuning arm to be released including:

yaris - 150bhp turbo kit, body kits, rims etc.

mrs - supercharger, new bodykits

corrolla ts - 250bhp 'charger, kits etc......

Toyota have annunce they are allegedly launching the new electric Hybrid car the Volta and no posts on here for a new toyota mid engine sports car with 408bhp...

Whats happened since I left ???

write up as follows.....

Hybrid technology does not have to be boring -- that's the message Toyota aims to deliver after teaming up with an Italian auto designer.

The Toyota Volta hybrid-powered coupe combines innovative Japanese technology with Italian flair. Toyota gave Italdesign-Giugiaro its latest hybrid engine, which is destined for the Lexus RX400.

Italdesign created a 4300mm long coupe and named it after Alessandro Volta, the Italian scientist who invented the electric battery.

The Volta has a total output of STET/408hp from a combination of an internal combustion engine and two electric motors mounted on the front and rear axles. The car can reach a top speed of 250kph and accelerates from 0 to 100kph in 4.06 seconds.

"The hybrid engine can provide great power and great performance, so I tried to pen a body that would express this dynamism," said Fabrizio Giugiaro, head of Italdesign's styling and model division, who was responsible for the Volta's look.

The Volta is no gas-guzzler. It can travel 700km on just 7.5 liters of gasoline.

There are no transmission shafts or exhaust tubes that need a central tunnel in the car since the 3.3-liter V-6 engine is mounted near the rear axle.

This allowed Italdesign to design a car with a flat floor that has room for three passengers in a coupe that is slightly narrower than 2 meters.

Italdesign, in addition to the styling, added a carbon-fiber chassis and racing-style front and rear suspensions.

Toyota supplied the entire hybrid propulsion system.

Brembo provided its ceramic composite-material brakes

volta.gif

Yes we have discussed it Ryan, I mistook it for thr Toyota/Chrysler FXS concept. It's F***ing ugly Lambo ripoff anyway :lol:

I think it was Karma that posted the pics???

First time I have seen any details for it.

What you up to these days Ryan anyway?

I blame the features ed.... :!Removed!: :rolleyes:

Sorry - Karma did post it up. I'll see if I can dig out some extra bits & pieces about it - maybe some nice high-res images. :thumbsup:

I wouldnt beleive too much what autocar say

Why is that Steve?

I reckon AutoCar to be one of the best car mags you can get your hands on these days! They are normally very good with there information.

Nick

B****r me!

If my maths is correct then 700Km on 7.5l of fuel means it's doing 266mpg.

Somebody has it wrong...surely?

I agree Braindead

I get

235mpg United States measures

and a close

263mpg United Kingdom measures

which is a pretty dam good....I want one it makes good economic sense as well? ;)

Why is that Steve?

I reckon AutoCar to be one of the best car mags you can get your hands on these days! They are normally very good with there information.

Nick

whoops... i retract that statement.. i meant Auto Express! :rolleyes:

i can see it now.. everyone will be driving a toyota

this club will be so popular I will be pulling my hair out!

a car that does 263.mpg then everyone will soon sell up to buy one!

figures i have seen were 38mpg, still very respectful for that sort of car :)

what am doing ?? erm not a lot working for british gas in cardiff tryiing to scrape a living atm :)

Will be at JAE this year although maybe not on toc stand but will defo come accrtoss and say hi :)

rhaines is having an affair with a nissan! bad man.. very bad man :lol::lol::lol:

but its Jap.. respect! :thumbsup:

bout time he changed his signature! What happened to the Mk1 MR2 and the Celica convertible? :huh:

well.. this is how slow we are.. our roaming reporter has the very latest

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...topic=12200&hl=

check it out... man it looks awesome

also check out the new GS300 and the RX400!

sweeet!

bout time he changed his signature! What happened to the Mk1 MR2 and the Celica convertible? :huh:

the nissan is a love hate relationship, i cant stand it :)

the celica's brake lines blew at amajor junction in rush hour leading to a quick use of the handbrake and a brown trouser moment, nothing hit and survived that one....

the mk1 was never going to pass another mot

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links