Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Have Not Seen My T-sport For 5 Weeks

Nick-Johnson

glad u got ur car back nick :)

a little liberally applied pressure and a phone call here and there soon gets things moving :D

Chris,

Sorry for the delayed reply, I have got my car back and I cant stop driving i, god I have missed it!

Anyway in answer to your question, my Sat Nav unit is a dealer fit item that just plugs in to the back of your head unit. The Sat Nav system goes under the passenger seat and is displayed though the srceen on the head unit, I find it works very well indeed. Also you have a female voice guidance too. If your ever in my area get in touch and I will give you a demo!

Nick :thumbsup:

Hi,

and what about introducion kit from BLITZ ?

glad u got ur car back nick :)

a little liberally applied pressure and a phone call here and there soon gets things moving :D

Thanks Sam,

Well chuffed to have it back, I am really interested in some 18in TTE alloys now, try to get to look like the one on the TTE.de web site!

NIck

a 'rev limiter' only cuts fuel at a specified, pre determind rpm its doesn't stop your engine over reving caused by bad down shifting (not saying you badly shifted, just the easiest expression to get my point across)

People that think rev limiters are mechanical devices to stop the enigne turning over faster than is recommended will learn by costly mistake.

For example ( a little wierd buyt you'll get my drift)

if you were bionic :blink: you could turn the engine over by hand without fuel way past 8000rpm right ? no PC code on the planet will stop the mechanical parts of the engine spinning at the same speed your turning it over.

:bookworm: ITS NOT A 'REV LIMITER'.....ITS AN ELECTRONIC FUEL CUT OFF :huh:

indeed... I say this shows how Toyota is interested into customer satisfaction, some manufactures would definetly list this as drivers fault and not fix it under warranty (probably shifted into 2nd instead of 4th at 8,000+ rpm which would then bring the engine close to 9,000 rpm).

i dont know why some people expect their cars to be some kind of freakish computers, CTS simply has close ratio manual box and engine that goes up to 8,300 rpm, if you force your manual box to go into 2nd while going 140kmh in 3rd, your engine will blow. Manual shifter can not have some freakish mechanical stop for going into 2nd gear or it would be extremly inconvenient when racing and downshifting (1st has this and it is not really good for autx in USA since it is very hard to down**** into first).

I reccomend practicing a lot when shifting at cutoff...

p.s. I am sure Nicks 18" wheels will cause some stir in forums!

is there not a shear pin between the engine and wheels at some point. i am fairly sure that there is in a BMW i thought this applyed to all cars.

Hi!

I have a 1.4lt Corolla with a blown engine at 18.000Km. It took them 6 weeks in order to repear the damage. In fact they didnt exactly repair it but put a new engine from scratch, since the cost was too high. (not only pistons and vavles needed change :unsure: ). Furthermore, while my car was being repaired there where also two cars with blown engines... an 1.8lt Avensis(not the new one) and an MR2.... :eek::help:

SO is there a proplem with the engines or the drivers?

in this case - mis shift is an driver issue, has nothing to do with engine itself...

p.s. 1.4 and 1.8 engines are fairly "old" with millions of them on the roads, yet TUV and ADAC rated both Avensis and Corolla at top of their class in reliability...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links