Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buggered Locking Wheel Nut!

al_nunn

Can anyone please help!!!!

One of my locking wheel nuts is buggered, the key to undo them just slips inside the nut.

They are just round nuts, with a Hex Key styled hole in the middle. It still has the Hex key shape but it has seemed to get a bit bigger and the nut has slightly split.

I have been told to use a slightly undersized socket bit, and just belt it over the nut with a hammer so it takes the shape and then just undo it with a ratchet.

Anyone had this problem or lost the key for the wheel nuts? Can anyone suggest any way of getting it off?

Or would Kwik fit be able to get it off easily???

Cheers

Can anyone please help!!!!

One of my locking wheel nuts is buggered, the key to undo them just slips inside the nut.

They are just round nuts, with a Hex Key styled hole in the middle. It still has the Hex key shape but it has seemed to get a bit bigger and the nut has slightly split.

I have been told to use a slightly undersized socket bit, and just belt it over the nut with a hammer so it takes the shape and then just undo it with a ratchet.

Anyone had this problem or lost the key for the wheel nuts? Can anyone suggest any way of getting it off?

Or would Kwik fit be able to get it off easily???

Cheers

may have to be drilled off but that would take ages and several bits, purely cos of wot they are! try a bigger hex key!

Do you know anyone who has a mig welder?? If so get yourself a bolt with a hexagon head and get your mate to tack weld it onto the locknut then simply use the correct socket for that bolt to undo the nut.

Good idea, but no, i dont know anyone with a mig welder unfortunately.

Would that not damage the wheel at all?

What about using a screwdriver and hammer and forcing it apart where it has slightly split?

Laser tools do a locking wheel nut removal socket kit. Can't remember part number off hand but I can get it from work if you need it. Failing that any Laser dealer can sort you out :thumbsup:

Ahhhhh loccking wheel nuts.

take it to your local tye and exhaust place. they did all 4 wheels on my old supra for £15 (I drove off with the key in one wheel lol)

they did one on my probe too. I saw how he did it :D Its rally so simple is sickening lol. no cutting.. no heat.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links