Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Gain Access From Engine Bay?

tony4

I've just started to do the rear fog light wiring, I wonder how did you guys wire from the cabin to the back via engine bay.

I've tried removing the "heat shield" against the cabin wall. after undoing 3 nuts... theres more to come and getting deeper and deeper... droped a spanner into the gap and couldn't find it...

can anyone help? any sensible way to do it?

hmm... anyone?

I've just just read from IMOC, it is possible route it via passenger side (where the rear speaker locate) and come out to the air box of the engine bay.

Going to give it a try.

Threading Wiring From the engine bay to the interior

by Barry Mather

The installation of HKS EVC 4 into my MkII turbo required wiring from the engine bay to the cockpit.

The wiring goes under the air filter, and there is a nice big rubber gromit whith a big fat bunch of cables going through it. use that. To get at the other side (inside the car) you will need to remove the bit of plastic that covers the seat belt, and just pull back the carpet from the firewall.

Then remove the plastic kick plate, and run the cables under it, then up, over the top of the glove box, and behind the stereo, then up the top of the behind of the steering wheel.

Thats it ...

It took me about 4 hours to do it all neatly and replace everything as it should be.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links