Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

In Need Of A New Battery

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

THANKS Rich...it makes sense re the battery amperage now! I must say i do have better start ups, i feel a lot more re-assured each morning lol!

Please do let me know if you ever get around to figuring out how to get the fog light on the left to work...i dont feel too confident re tapping into wires etc, i thought i could just remove that black cover thing...put a bulb in...and it would work...obviously not...i'll leave it till summer now hey lol!

Oh oh oh and before i forget...im thinking of buying all 4 discs and pads before VAT goes up in January...Toyota stealers are way too expensive so i've been ringing around...found "NIPP-PARTS" and "BLUE PRINT" at reasobale prices but all these spares outlets keep asking me to bring in a disc and pad for front & rear to match them up as apparently you get 2 types of disc and pad??? Now how can they expect you to remove them just to show them? what do i do? My discs/pads are okay for now but will need replacing shortly as previously mentioned...hmmm...bit of a dialemma hey lol!

Hi Sam.

Well these cold mornings will really test your new Battery - bet it will be fine.

Will probably do the fog light when I do the rev sensors - wiring is my game, so no problems there, will let you know, just need some warmer weather !

Did enquire with my local Ferrodo motor factor a few weeks ago - quoted £76 all in for a full set front pads and discs - never had any problems with them on the Avensis, but to get it though the last mot I did fit the Pagit front pads from ECParts - sounded like I was running over rats all the time - never again.

Do loook at ECP for your car as they detail the actual sizes for you - disc diameter, axle hole size etc.

Hey Rich

Checked the ECP website...wrote down all the dimensions etc...and noticed they also sell 2 types...OE SYSTEM:Lucas and Aisin...Rang toyota and a few other local places and they all said the same thing...ie take off your discs n pads and bring them in...which i think is crazy...I just checked my brake servo unit to see if it has any info...has a sticker stating TRW Toyota and thats it...Really wanna buy my fronts and rears but is proving a real mission...its never that simple with a Toyota lol!

Sammy

Hey Rich

Checked the ECP website...wrote down all the dimensions etc...and noticed they also sell 2 types...OE SYSTEM:Lucas and Aisin...Rang toyota and a few other local places and they all said the same thing...ie take off your discs n pads and bring them in...which i think is crazy...I just checked my brake servo unit to see if it has any info...has a sticker stating TRW Toyota and thats it...Really wanna buy my fronts and rears but is proving a real mission...its never that simple with a Toyota lol!

Sammy

Hi Sam,

Well to be sure I would just whip off a front and back wheel and measure the diameter of the disc, the diameter of the axle hole and the thickness of the disc, also note if they are solid or ventilated types and how many wheel nut studs there are -assume some models may have 5 ..? sure the parts guys can then tell which ones you need - or ask them to show you the two types and note the differences.

Also take a couple of Pics on you moby to show them.

Generally a large dealer will exchange the parts if they are not the right one, just keep things clean till your are sure the are correct.

BTW your new Bosch Battery what type of S4 was it a Type 005 / 027 ? - no problem just wondered for when I need one that will fit ok.

Hi Sam,

Just been looking at some online brake suppliers, seems the Front discs have 2 types but they are clearly differnt sizes for the 1.4/ 1.6 255mm and then the 1.8 /D4D 275mm

Seems the Rears do have two types for the 1.6 ,the difference is in the disc diameter, 10mm different and the Bore only 0.1mm different, so you really do need to measure the disc diameters accurately to be sure of getting the right one.

After market rears do not seem as common as the fronts yet.

My link

My link

I have done it.

With side lights on.

DSC_0062.jpg

With fog lights on.

DSC_0063.jpg

One of the side lights is dim in that pic but i have sorted that now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links